Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachFools

Thread: Black Hog Saloon

Black Hog Saloon

Can't find any recent posts regarding when/if Black Hog Saloon will be back. Is is being rebuilt? Last time we visited (2009) we were told it would be rebuilt and reopen. We had a blast at their BBQ Bash and met lots of neat folks, not to mention the Harley ride!

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum

The black hog is very much missed and no rebuilding plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachFools View Post
    Can't find any recent posts regarding when/if Black Hog Saloon will be back. Is is being rebuilt? Last time we visited (2009) we were told it would be rebuilt and reopen. We had a blast at their BBQ Bash and met lots of neat folks, not to mention the Harley ride!

the mini golf course and the black hog is closed couple of years ago the whole buidling was demolished and they are building the Super Food Suoermarket
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/

I'm very sorry to hear that there is no plan of rebuilding. Seemed like a "cash cow" and we enjoyed it. No bad behavior, police presence and great fun for all ages. A supermarket!? How many could they possibly need? Oh well, I suppose we will continue to support Balashi on our own!

Yeah, I really did like the Black Hog Saloon as well....shame what happened to it...do not think that they were as popular in their later years and business was declining.....would stop in during the week, and unless it was the night of the BBQ it was relatively empty...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes
    black hog saloon, wow i remember going there and it was like a ghost town. I did like the set up though, place had great potential

The family who owned Black Hog was from Agawam Mass, Tom Mendes (son) still lives on the island and co-owns JC's sports bar located on Palm Beach Road just past Bingo Restaurant. He use to manage Alfredo's at the Black-Hog, great person !!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    The family who owned Black Hog was from Agawam Mass, Tom Mendes (son) still lives on the island and co-owns JC's sports bar located on Palm Beach Road just past Bingo Restaurant. He use to manage Alfredo's at the Black-Hog, great person !!
    We loved Alfredos. Their chicken piccata was fantastic.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    Alfredo"s was the best Italian on the island !!

eagle beach arashi & boca catalina la cabana pata pata bar

aaah the memories!

do you remember the roasted garlic with oil & fresh breadsticks in the tin? heaven!
    memory a bit fuzzy but i'm sure my meal was something with seafood & i just loved that they served it in the pan. alfredo's was our traditional 1st night dinner every year. but then...it lost a lot of its appeal for us when they enclosed it - people complained that it was too hot! what?? isn't that why you came to aruba? at the same time, they seemed to 'fancy' it up and it just wasn't the same.
    so now our 1st night meal is at salt & pepper - one bite of their seafood curry pasta & i know i've arrived