Aruba Beach

Thread: Bon Bini festival

Bon Bini festival

I read in Fodor's about the Bon Bini festival that is held every Tuesday at Fort Zoutman. It sounds like it could be fun, has anyone been to it? Worth going? Thanks in advance for any information.

Eagle Beach, Mangel Halto
    I went to it back in July. The food set up was poor. It was local food. There was one line for about one hundred people. They would have been much better off serving buffet style. There were no tables. You ate it at your chair. One bartender too that was working in slow motion. So you spent a lot of time in line. The entertainment was okay. It was mostly local children dancing in costumes. People were leaving continuously through the performance. We stayed till the end but there wasn't many of us left. I probably wont do it again.

The festival is... okay.... and as mentioned previously the line-ups are a bit much.
    To be honest with you, if you're staying at an AI and they have the usual evening entertainment schedule, you can likely see everything at the festival at your resort.
    It's pretty much the same folks that make the rounds of the resorts... hence the festival is only one night a week.
    All in all an enjoyable way to learn about the culture of the island.
    Worth seeing at least once, wherever that may be.

Really wishing the Lady and I were back in paradise,
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.