Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

Cool Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

Has anyone attended the Jazz Festival in prior years. I am going to be in Aruba during this years Festival and I am trying to decide whether to go. Do I need to buy tickets online in advance or will they be available at the door? Will the list of players grow before it begins?

Aruba since 1979

The website for the jazz festival is www.caribbeanseajazz.com. We went last year and it was a lot of fun. We saw David Sanborn among others. Don't eat before you go as they have alot of restaurants putting up stands. It is very much a party with people standing around and others taking the plastic chairs they provide and sitting in front of the musicians. Great fun!!!

Aruba since 1979

Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

http://www.caribbeanseajazz.com/

Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival 2010 – Spectacular Keyboardist Lao Tizer to Perform on Aruba

Entertainment September 2nd, 2010
    No comments (RSS 2.0)

Captivating audiences of all ages and musical tastes, Lao Tizer and his band called TIZER, will surely wow the Aruban crowd with their spectacular performance. The recording artist has received word-wide acclaim for his 2008 all-star concert tour with international violin virtuoso Karen Briggs, who stood out at Yanni’s concerts and with his musical mentor Chieli Minucci. Recent successful debuts of the band have been in Asia and Africa. ‘Golden Soul’ was Lao’s first full-production record and the single ‘Her Poetry’ reached Billboard’s Contemporary Jazz Album chart. ‘Diversify’ was released in 2006; ‘Passages’ followed.
    Lao Tizer has appeared at premier venues, sharing the stage at events worldwide with artists like Isaac Hayes, George Benson, The Commodores, Bruce Hornsby, Jethro Tull and Spyro Gyra, naming just a few. His recordings have sold over 90,000 copies and he his music can be heard on radio and television airwaves worldwide. Lao began his career during his high school years in his hometown of Boulder, Colorade, and he produced and released his first three keyboard recordings himself by the age of seventeen.
    The forth edition of the Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival Aruba will take place on October 8 and 9, 2010. This Festival is organized -once again- to provide the people of Aruba and its visitors a high quality music event with the best possible line-up. International, regional, and national artists of the highest standard will be performing at this one-of-its-kind Festival on Aruba!

one of the sponsors is the Aruba Tourism Authority
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-09-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Aruba since 1979

Wow.. looks awesome. I'm a guitarist and a big fan of ALL types of music. Would love to check out some jazz in the cool Caribbean breeze. Unfortunately, I'm stuck here in the states and its happening today and tomorrow. I wonder if there's any chance of someone filming this and posting it on YouTube.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum vacation hunter.
    quite possibly youtube will have some videos ...... check them out.

Arrow 2012 Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123