Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlos and Charlies

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    there is a new sing at there tequila that the new place name at the same building
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

I would agree that kids shouldn't be in Senor Frogs, especially at night. There are lots of drinking games and the waiters are a bit touchy.

I was just going to say that maybe the name change was due to the whole Natalie Holloway incident and how their name was right in the middle of it. Just speculation, but it makes sense. I will definately have to check out Senor Frogs when I am visiting. I always wanted one of those T-shirts anyways. I always saw kids from my high school coming back from spring break with those shirts and I wanted one. I was never lucky enough to get a spring break trip

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Actually, the Carlos and Charlies gift shop( if thats what you want to call it, ugh) is open and around the other side of that strip mall building it was in. It faces the other street. Same kinda stuff, T's, bandanas, shot glasses...
    IMOP again, it was the Holloway thing that did it in, so to speak.
    Senor Frogs has the same staff, IMOP same mentality, but is down the end of the building vs. where Carlos and Charlies was kinda in the middle of the building. Yes, they have t shirts, the usual stuff...cindyo

Banned
    from may trip, senor frog is same owner as carlos and charlies. senor is open NEXT to old C&C's. the C&C's location is being restored to become a Tequila's. Infamous dancing stage is to remain in there. hope we don't have more problems in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger0713 View Post
    I was just going to say that maybe the name change was due to the whole Natalie Holloway incident and how their name was right in the middle of it. Just speculation, but it makes sense. I will definately have to check out Senor Frogs when I am visiting. I always wanted one of those T-shirts anyways. I always saw kids from my high school coming back from spring break with those shirts and I wanted one. I was never lucky enough to get a spring break trip
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Actually, the Carlos and Charlies gift shop( if thats what you want to call it, ugh) is open and around the other side of that strip mall building it was in. It faces the other street. Same kinda stuff, T's, bandanas, shot glasses...
    IMOP again, it was the Holloway thing that did it in, so to speak.
    Senor Frogs has the same staff, IMOP same mentality, but is down the end of the building vs. where Carlos and Charlies was kinda in the middle of the building. Yes, they have t shirts, the usual stuff...cindyo
    Would the Natalie thing also be why the Windham (now Westin) and Aruba Grand (now RIO) also changed their name?

We were in Carlos & Charlies in Jan. 2007, and it was in need of a major remolding then in my opinion, not the Natalie thing.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Hmm, was curious to know the difference so looked it up...

http://www.grupoandersons.com/ Operadora Anderson's S.A. de C.V. - MEXICO (Grupo Andersons')

"Señor Frog’s grew out of the need for a place where high-spirited people of all ethnicities, countries, and economic backgrounds could hang together, dance together and generally “cut up” without rules and regulations.

Music is a universal language and the primary language at Frog´s. Technology has made the world a global village and today´s youth are familiar with the hot rhythms and hip singers of many cultures.

The idea behind Señor Frog’s is not just to get people dancing; the idea is to create a “Musical Event”. Señor Frog’s celebrates music with live bands, staff shows, choreographed songs, and trademark routines. It is pro-active and interactive and everybody gets in the act.

Señor Frog’s is visually impressive from the giant façade marquee and its colossal, personable amphibian, to the funky, funny out-of-place objects, graphics and phrases of the interior. Black light produces a hypnotic effect that momentarily obscures an interior of different levels and environments.

There are nooks and crannies, stages, and lots of bars. Guests may join the main celebration, or slip into a complementary scene. Señor Frog’s’ dynamic, multi-faceted interior is irresistible and what keeps the restaurant vanguard.

After reading below, and having been to neither, I can only say that if I want a Mexican restaurant, there is one on every corner here at home in Georgia or we can cook it just as well at home. JUST mho.

When we think of an Anderson´s restaurant we think of somewhere casual and fun to eat, and if we add a family atmosphere then a Carlos’n Charlie’s begins to take shape. But there’s really much more to it than that. Carlos’n Charlie’s is also entertaining, visually provocative and 100% Mexican. The essentially Mexican menu includes international favorites as well as regional dishes.

Mexican culture is varied and dynamic, and at Carlos’n Charlie’s we are Mexican and proud of our heritage. But we´ve also added a strong dose of good humor, fun loving, sometimes-silly service, and a menu based on the best Mexican food. Our restaurants are geared toward families and the 25-and-over crowd. We feature music ranging from the 70s to the Golden Oldies to today´s hottest hits.

Carlos’n Charlie’s atmosphere and service are upbeat and attentive. Details matter. The trademark humor and sense of fun are very much in place, paired with great food and drinks. You never know what´s going to happen next, but you´ll always be glad you came."

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    yah, the water slide was a pretty cool thing...though, once was enough for my teen daughters. We had kids aged 3-16, and we lookied like a circus coming in, and then we saw the groping waiters and I felt it was time to get the kids outa there.
    groping waiters?

Quote Originally Posted by glectic View Post
    groping....?
    groping - adj., feeling about, searching by feel, using hands excessively.....
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Okay, I know this is going to be a dumb question,,,,but, if Senor Frog is so popular then why did the original one close ?? I was behind the Seaport mall in the square....We were there many years ago and of course my husband was not impressed...of course if they don't have Italian food on the menu he is usually not interested...(guess what nationality he is...), but I liked it and so did my stepson and his wife. Then we can back the following year and it was all boarded up....could it have been the location ??? Coz I'm sure the food and music is the same....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast