Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlos and Charlies

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yep, you're right. Same place boarded up for some time, and next thing ya know it's back again, new location, same mentality.....Hello out there...Why in gods name is it back ???

For anyone wondering the difference as I did:

SF's and C&C's are two of the four restaurants in Grupo Andersons' "collection".
    http://www.grupoandersons.com/MMX_Conceptos.asp?Cnt=WA_Conceptos

"Señor Frog’s grew out of the need for a place where high-spirited people of all ethnicities, countries, and economic backgrounds could hang together, dance together and generally “cut up” without rules and regulations.

Music is a universal language and the primary language at Frog´s. Technology has made the world a global village and today´s youth are familiar with the hot rhythms and hip singers of many cultures. The idea behind Señor Frog’s is not just to get people dancing; the idea is to create a “Musical Event”. Señor Frog’s celebrates music with live bands, staff shows, choreographed songs, and trademark routines. It is pro-active and interactive and everybody gets in the act.

Señor Frog’s is visually impressive from the giant façade marquee and its colossal, personable amphibian, to the funky, funny out-of-place objects, graphics and phrases of the interior. Black light produces a hypnotic effect that momentarily obscures an interior of different levels and environments.

There are nooks and crannies, stages, and lots of bars. Guests may join the main celebration, or slip into a complementary scene. Señor Frog’s’ dynamic, multi-faceted interior is irresistible and what keeps the restaurant vanguard.

When we think of an Anderson´s restaurant we think of somewhere casual and fun to eat, and if we add a family atmosphere then a Carlos’n Charlie’s begins to take shape. But there’s really much more to it than that. Carlos’n Charlie’s is also entertaining, visually provocative and 100% Mexican. The essentially Mexican menu includes international favorites as well as regional dishes.

Mexican culture is varied and dynamic, and at Carlos’n Charlie’s we are Mexican and proud of our heritage. But we´ve also added a strong dose of good humor, fun loving, sometimes-silly service, and a menu based on the best Mexican food. Our restaurants are geared toward families and the 25-and-over crowd. We feature music ranging from the 70s to the Golden Oldies to today´s hottest hits.

Carlos’n Charlie’s atmosphere and service are upbeat and attentive. Details matter. The trademark humor and sense of fun are very much in place, paired with great food and drinks. You never know what´s going to happen next, but you´ll always be glad you came."

If I had to guess, Grupo Anderson changed the brand in Aruba due to adverse publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    groping - adj., feeling about, searching by feel, using hands excessively.....
    the definition of the word was not what I was looking for. but what I was looking for is an understanding of the situation where a waiter felt it appropriate to "grope -adj., feeling about, searching by feel, etc..." a patron.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-12-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: i deleted a few words but do agree with you train of thought . andrea

Okay, I will give SF a try again in November, of course it probably will be without my husband, but my girlfriend and her daughter and her friend (both around 22) will go for sure....it will give me a chance to see it all first hand.
    As for a waiter feeling it is okay to do whatever......there are several ways to let the waiter know that that kind of behavior is not acceptable....you must use your imagination.....!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Gelectic,Yes, groping waiters, and I am not being a jerk. I don't think its approp. to have teen girls in there while waiters, yes waiters, were grabing butts, boobs....Do you? That was the point of the post.You were the one who questioned.... to quote "groping waiters"? Alcohol does crazy things ya know...I shall assume you wern't trying to be antagonistic....correct? This is a nice board, and no one is trying to be a jerk. ...
    Last edited by cindyo; 08-12-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    ......there are several ways to let the waiter know that that kind of behavior is not acceptable....you must use your imagination.....!!!!
    As I have very little imagination.....please provide a definition of what you mean!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Now that will spoil all the fun.....just think about a knee to an undisclosed area, serious openhanded slap across the ear....you know, use your imagination......

Aruba since 1979
    i am interjecting here.............. my definition: to interfere

let's try to keep our eyes back on the topic and i too am not being a jerk, well maybe i am.

sorry, you are absolutely right...mybad....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Gelectic,Yes, groping waiters, and I am not being a jerk. I don't think its approp. to have teen girls in there while waiters, yes waiters, were grabing butts, boobs....Do you? That was the point of the post.You were the one who questioned.... to quote "groping waiters"? Alcohol does crazy things ya know...I shall assume you wern't trying to be antagonistic....correct? This is a nice board, and no one is trying to be a jerk. ...
    I agree it is not appropriate. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast