Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cheaper drink? Help!

Cheaper drink? Help!

Hi all, we arrived two days ago and love the place! We came last year for two weeks & stayed at the Riu but felt a little trapped so this year we are in The Westin but are finding the prices so high everywhere!

Is there any bars that people can recommend that sell a pint of draft beer? All the bars I've found so far sell tiny bottles of Balashi or half pints for $7 - That's almost $15 a pint & my budget can't stretch to that!

Any recommendations would be very greatly received!

Kind regards in advance

Chris

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Go to the grocery store and stock up...ling and sons

Grocery Store

We always stock up at the grocery store and we have a portable cooler with wheels we bring in our luggage we bring it to the beach each day. We also go to the rum store and stock up on rum for pitchers of rum punch.

Palm Beach!!!Oh, and the airport but only when I'm arriving:)
    The booze can really add up for us drinkers, huh?! Definitely go to ling and sons and buy a case or 2
    Last edited by minky1225; 08-13-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Spellchecker!

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Switch to Amstel Brite's the bottle is bigger and the prices are about the same and try to look for the 2 for 1 specials or Happy Hours. We also stock up at the grocery store but it's not like you can bring those out for the night with you.

go sit at a slot machine,drinks free,give a dollar tip

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Try the Old Dutch Cafe. Its a short taxi ride from the Weston. We've been going there for a few years now. Its almost like going into a local tavern back in the States. Jon Bos is the owner and a real great guy. Yes, it does have a large Dutch and local clientele. The prices are much closer to what we're used to paying in the states. It usually opens at 5pm and closes well after midnight. They have live entertainment on weekends and some weeknights. Actually they have a website you can check out. i hope you try it and have a great time.

Thanks guys, I'm not cheap but some of these prices are obscene! Found a bar last night offering half price drinks opposite Senor frogs 9 - 11 which was actually really good. Will try the Old Dutch Cafe tomorrow thanks for the tip Cple, a guy needs to be able to get drunk without having to re-mortgage!

Lots of beach bars along the walkway on the beach side of Palm Beach have 2 for one specials. I can't remember specific deals, but I remember seeing the signs for happy hour when we walked up and down the beach. Try Bugaloe or Pelican's Nest.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We are considering doing all-inclusive next year for this same reason! I brought some liquor in the luggage and a bottle at the airport but my fiance is a big beer drinker. Even Balashi from the store can add up and I also packed a cooler for the beach, he got familar with happy hour real quick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast