Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic Café

Comic Café

Has anyone attended the Comic Café at the Weston? It has been there for a few months now. I have not but curios if anyone else has and if they liked it!

Thanks for any input!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I have heard thru the relative-vine that is good, not great. I guess it depends on who is there. SOmetimes thy have comics from boston and they are really good. If you go pls post as I doubt we will get there this year.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I saw the show in Sept. The guy that was the comic the night I was there was horrible. Only 15 people in the audience.

For anyone interested, website is http://www.comixcafearuba.com/ scroll down for scheduled performers. Read the fine print.

THANKS Arubalisa!!

How do you find all of this stuff/ information!!! I can barely get something typed!

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    THANKS Arubalisa!!

How do you find all of this stuff/ information!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!
    You are very welcome! I read a lot and accumlate info for my website so you don't have to. Also, let Google be your friend!

Hello Arubalisa,

I really am not much of a computer guy, but I did figure out how to get to your website, Very Nice!!! You have done a wonderful job. I will keep checking it out!!!!

Thanks for all of your Forum help!!!!!

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    According to Richard, the GM, the comic cafe is currently closed. the production show (dancing gals in headdresses with feathers) may be replaced with a new entertainment option soon. Comic Cafe was a nice room, easy to see to stage everywhere, nice atmosphere, so obviously it goes comic to comic as to how enjoyable it is/was.

Some live entertainment options would include Sundays at Moomba Beach, Sunday (and I think one other night now) at Boogaloo (De Palm Pier), your requests at the Sopranos Piano Bar (Palm Beach, next to Casa Tua), the Bilongos (Latin music) at Mr. Jazz, and a terrific singer who performs with piano and bass at both Cuba's Cooking and The Riu. But, obviously, these are not comedy (except the Sopranos, sometimes!).

Wow sorry to hear that, I was really looking forward o giving it a try!! Is there any chance they will reopen it, or is it toast!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that, I was really looking forward o giving it a try!! Is there any chance they will reopen it, or is it toast!!

Thanks for your help!!!
    Again, I am only quoting conversation from the nightclub where I work from a few weeks back, but Westin Management said that they were not currently running comics in the Comix Café, and were now considering other options for the room, instead of both the comedy shows and the production show.

SOMETHING will be in that space soon, I'm sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast