Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dancing place on the beach?

Eagle beach for swimming. The pirates nest for dinner and the Sandbar at Bucuti beach for the drinks.

Dancing place on the beach?

Hi!
    I wonder if there are any dancingplaces (disco, salsa or something else) outside on the beach. We've heard about one place but can't remember the name of it.
    /Marie

Bugaloe has salsa Wednesday from 7-10 pm & live band Sunday 6 to 9:30

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f11/salsa-i-dont-mean-eating-kind-37061/#post132388

Moomba beach next to the Holiday Inn on Sunday night.

Hi!

Bugaloe and ArubaSalsa host a weekly Latin Night with a live band and a free salsa and merengue workshop. This is every Wednesday night at the Bugaloe beach bar @ the palm pier (between the Riu and the Radisson)

The live music starts at 6 and goes on till 10pm. You can come and enjoy a wonderful sunset and grab something to eat and drink. The live band is the popular 'grupo melao', which also plays at Mambo Jambo downtown. They play Salsa, Merengue and Bachata.

From 8 till 9 ArubaSalsa gives a free Salsa and Merengue workshop. Where you can learn the beginners steps and then continue to dance with the locals and with the live band. This is a great way to meet and have fun with locals too.

Moomba beach also has music on the beach. This is every day... Sometimes they have a live band on Sundays. They then play all kinds of music. Moomba beach is situated between the Marriott Surf Club and the Holiday Inn hotel.

Enjoy the dancing, have a great vacation and just relax!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arubasalsa/3395375089/
    Last edited by ArubaSalsa; 04-20-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    Salsa Greetings,

Reggie
    www.arubasalsa.com

Any place you get drunk on the beach is a dancing place for me!

Thanks for the info

Dancing

Thanks for the info about the salsa dancing workshop!! that sounds fun... how much does it cost?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubasalsa.com/
    try contacting aruba salsa thru her website.

we haven't seen any postings from her in over a year :-(

QUOTE=tarynitup10;192519]Thanks for the info about the salsa dancing workshop!! that sounds fun... how much does it cost?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by tarynitup10 View Post
    Thanks for the info about the salsa dancing workshop!! that sounds fun... how much does it cost?

I have been in contact with Sabine from Aruba Salsa, so I thought I would pass on some information to help.

The lessons at the Bugaloe are free and are just kind of a quick intro and can be crowded.

The following information is straight from them when I inquired about lessons:

We offer private and group lessons in Salsa, group lessons for beginners start at $25 pp, private lessons at $50 pp. We have a 3 day group lesson package for $60 pp. All lessons are 1 hour.

We teach at the Playa Linda Beach resort (high rise area).

The workshop is Bugaloe is very popular (busy) and it's just a short introduction to salsa and merengue. In a lesson we will go more into detail, you will learn how to lead your partner and you will get personal attention.

We recommend you to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, preferably not flip flops. I teach on Monday night starting at 5 pm, on Tuesday at 5.30 pm and Wednesday from 6.30-7.30pm.
    So personally I wanted to get a bit more then just a quick intro and this is part of my wife's xmas present, salsa lessons. So we're doing a lesson with them beforehand and then will go to Bugaloe on Wednesday night to dance (next week! can't wait)

Great thanks for the information. Are the lessons at the Bugaloe on the days she mentioned ? (monday 5, tuesday 5:30 and wed 6:30-7:30?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast