Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dancing place on the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by tarynitup10 View Post
    Great thanks for the information. Are the lessons at the Bugaloe on the days she mentioned ? (monday 5, tuesday 5:30 and wed 6:30-7:30?
    No they do the lessons other days in various places. For most visitors they do lessons at the Playa Lynda. They use the activity room downstairs. They do lessons in some other places all over the island, but it was easy at the Playa.

I just have to say Sabine was amazing. We took our lesson on Tuesday and we happened to be the only people for a lesson that day, so instead we ended up with a private lesson, which was great. So helpful, friendly, and did I mention sexy? Not Aruban though as I had guessed, she was Dutch.

Great lesson though, went over the basic movies for salsa as singles and then moved on to couples dancing. I have prety much zero rhythm and she had me dancing in no times. A bit difficult to keep my feet going in the right place, and moving our hands correctly, and using the right signals to switch steps and lead etc. Lots of fun.

Bugaloe was a great time. We got there around 8:30 and they were just starting the free lesson there. It was really good to know what we were doing a bit, otherwise i would have felt a bit intimidated having no natural ability to dance. we went along with the entire lesson again learning one new step and then went on to Merengue. All in all it was a lot of fun. There were a few a**holes there not really trying and sort of ruining it for others, but they eventual realized they weren't really being funny and left.

I highly recommend it.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting!!!
    sounds like you had a blast.

Swing Dancing in Aruba?

My husband and I will be visiting in a few weeks and love to dance and will be looking for places to dance. We do the East and WestCoast swing. We like a dance floor that doesn't allow drinks. Can anyone give us ideas or suggestions?

Moomba on Sunday nights . . . I always look forward to them playing "Alice" . . . LOL

Wink

Hmmm . . . Aruba + music + dance floor + no drinks . . . not sure that combo really exists on the island :-) People are generally respectful so go have a great time. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by streetswing View Post
    My husband and I will be visiting in a few weeks and love to dance and will be looking for places to dance. We do the East and WestCoast swing. We like a dance floor that doesn't allow drinks. Can anyone give us ideas or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabbi View Post
    Hi!
    I wonder if there are any dancingplaces (disco, salsa or something else) outside on the beach. We've heard about one place but can't remember the name of it.
    /Marie
    Sounds similar to the full moon parties they have in Thailand. Lots of fun but a little too crowded and crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12