Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SkiChris
  • 1 Post By burghboy
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By burghboy

Thread: Latin dancing scene

Latin dancing scene

What are the happening latin local places to dance good salsa, bachata & merengue spots these days. I'd like to stay off the tourists spots. thanks

Aruba since 1979
    i do know of 2.....bugaloe beach bar and depalm island
    they are tourist spots though

Does that mean that there aren't any good salsa dancers there?

The best information on the the newest dance clubs for latin music is to ask your waiter or busboy where the locals go for Salsa. Target a waiter in their mid 20's and they'll let you know which club has the best band scheduled for the week - as that is where everyone will go. Typically the band is on Wednesday night and it will start late (typically after 10pm). We have gone twice and the dancing was really amazing to see.

Aruba since 1979
    Salsa scene
    click above link for some salsa chatter
    it is a thread that you started and has some salsa info.

QUOTE=ghyska;275588]Does that mean that there aren't any good salsa dancers there?[/QUOTE]

Cubas cookin usually has a full Latin Band on Monday's and I think Friday evenings. They have professional latin dancers who perform a show and then they invite people to get up and dance.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Couple of years ago I met a fellow Pittsburgher who recently moved to the island and with his wife started up a nightclub called "Latin Caribbean Night" in Oranjestad. Never got a chance to stop in and honestly forgot all about it until now. I googled to see if it was still open and there is a tripadvisor review from March and the website is still active. http://www.latincaribbeanaruba.com/

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Couple of years ago I met a fellow Pittsburgher who recently moved to the island and with his wife started up a nightclub called "Latin Caribbean Night" in Oranjestad. Never got a chance to stop in and honestly forgot all about it until now. I googled to see if it was still open and there is a tripadvisor review from March and the website is still active. http://www.latincaribbeanaruba.com/
    I'm sorry burghboy, but I cant resist... Is a Pittsburgher a burger with fries on it? I know, terrible... hey, looks like we might be there the same time this year, PM me and we'll get together? sorry I'm

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'm sorry burghboy, but I cant resist... Is a Pittsburgher a burger with fries on it? I know, terrible... hey, looks like we might be there the same time this year, PM me and we'll get together? sorry I'm
    Would definitely have fries and coleslaw on it. We were just writing up our itinerary and definitely plan on being at the Amsterdam Manor meetup.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.