Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lesson learned, never leave license SENOR FROGS

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Lesson learned, never leave license SENOR FROGS

Quick synopsis of a very serious problem that occurred last night

2 daughters went to SENOR FROGS
    Went to leave at 12
    Credit card machine was down, they waited, and waited and waited till 2 am( drinking water from midnite on)
    Finally said they have to leave
    Since their machines were down all my daughters had was $45, bill was $61
    They demanded that they leave their license
    Not wanting to bother us they did as requested
    In the morning we tried to get someone there, of course not open
    Called police and was told ITS ILLEGAL TO TAKE LICENSE AS HOSTAGE. They offered to accompany us there.
    Spent all morning trying to get advise from friends, police, locals
    Rob finally got thru on the phone and the women demanded we pay the $$, yelling occurred between the 2, and she hung up on him.
    Repeat calls ignored
    Got thru again about an hr later and she said we could pick it up at 4
    She also stated in the email we had to pay for the drinks as many people left not paying
    Long story short, we have the license that we picked up at 6

i can promise you that I am not done with this

i ask that you don't support their business, that you are aware of the law, and that you spread the word on this horrible incident.

Aruba since 1979
    I am glad that the license has been returned.
    Also glad to hear that the police offered to accompany rob/you to senor frogs.

Everyone should take notice.....it is unlawful to be required to leave your license as collateral.

We decided last November would be our last trip to Senor Frogs. We joked that we are too old for the place now. The drinks are overpriced and the atmosphere is kind of cheesy. I think of it as more of a place for the 18-25 crowd, first time at a bar kind of thing. The shot girl was pushy when she came around and they put hats on us that who knows who else had them on before us, even as we objected. It just felt too phony and forced, not our style. I will take a laid back beach bar or even a Margaritaville place over a Senor Frogs any day.

As much as I hate carrying cash, we may have to start doing it more in Aruba. We had 2 instances where credit card machines were down on our most recent trip. I wonder if this is becoming a more frequent occurance? Are others having this problem?
    In our case, the first place had a sign posted so we were aware that the credit card machine was temporarily out of service. We monitored our tab accordingly. This was at Busters and the owner offered to let us come back the next day to pay if we needed to. I thought that was very nice if him. The 2nd place, we weren't aware until time to pay. My husband walked to an atm while I waited at the restaurant. Being that it was late and your daughters are young and beautiful, you should be proud of them for handling the situation by sticking together later at night and trying to resolve the situation. I am sorry this happened and don't like the idea of them being asked to leave their license. Be sure they monitor their credit for the next few months in case any info was recorded.

Are others experiencing frequent problems with credit card machines?
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 01-04-2016 at 05:57 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have never charged anything in Aruba. The only two people who have had my cc were Hans from Tropic Car (who I trust beyond trust, he is so honest) and Trees from Discount Cell. Otherwise, pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Are others experiencing frequent problems with credit card machines?
    The cc machine was down at Amuse Bistro when we were there in October but they went "old school" and filled out the carbon paper forms by hand.

Bottom line here......
    creditcard reader down = illegal to hold anything hostage
    For us it was a license

LESSON LEARNED
    Pleae learn from our lesson

At Salt and Pepper a few weeks ago when there was a major power outage. Lasted for hours. They just asked for us to pay next time we went. We gave them our telephone number and address. No problem. They were really good about it. Lots of joking with other patrons about eating in the dark and having to wash dishes to pay for their meals.

Glad you got the license back and the police were supportive. Didn't realize it was illegal to hold the license.

Cindy, I suggest you contact Jim Hepple. The head of AHATA while you are here. Jim is very easy to approach and I am sure he will be supportive and assist you
    AHATA Tel numbers are. 5822607 and 5824202
    Last edited by aquaman; 01-04-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Ty John!
    did you get my pm on FB?
    ❤️ you guys are the best hugs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Cindy, I suggest you contact Jim Hepple. The head of AHATA while you are here. Jim is very easy to approach and I am sure he will be supportive and assist you
    AHATA Tel numbers are. 5822607 and 5824202

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast