Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bixa2805

Thread: Live music?

Live music?

Where is a good band for live music this week? We checked out hard rock last night but we didn't care for the band they had there. We also went to the piano bar but that was pretty boring also. We like rock type music or more up to date music. Anybody know of any good bands in the area?

Aruba since 1979
    check out the BUGALOE
    (it is the beach bar at the pier out in front of the hilton)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    Where is a good band for live music this week? We checked out hard rock last night but we didn't care for the band they had there. We also went to the piano bar but that was pretty boring also. We like rock type music or more up to date music. Anybody know of any good bands in the area?

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/Joyride-ban...2483956158759/
    also too check out where JOYRIDE will be performing

Equator is also a great band. They are at the Pata Pata bar at LaCabana on Thursday & Sunday.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

For rock or more up to date music I'm not sure Joyride or Equator will be what your looking for. We love both of them but not sure if it's what you are looking for. Ask the bartenders at Moomba and I bet they will put you in the right direction.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

You may want to check out Cafe Chaos downtown too. Looks like they have a band called the Black Sheeps that may be what you are looking for. Honeypot is another one, but they are more Reggae rock type stuff. Sorry I can't post links from my phone right now, but Google and facebook should help.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

There is a local band named Datapanik, popular with crowds younger than myself but I still enjoy their tunes. The music has an interesting blend of native Aruban rhythms / beat with a modern electro sound and some reggae. Listening makes me think of Aruba

Thanks everyone, will let you know what we find!

We ended up at Bugaloe a few nights ago and saw Joyride, they were very entertaining! Last night we thought we would try the piano bar out again, it actually wasn't too bad after a couple of drinks.....Hahahaha! Around 12:00 we ended up across the street from the piano bar and a little bit to the left was an open dance area with a dj playing Latin type music, it was so much fun! We were probably one of the oldest couples there but we didn't care and the younger crowd didn't seem to care either. I even got my DH up and dancing. So much fun! Thanks everybody for all your suggestions, one more night and then we have to get our crying towel out as we head back to Pennsylvania!