Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "Attraction" in Aruba ;-)

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up New "Attraction" in Aruba ;-)

Often a Monday or Tuesday can be a bit slow at the local bars.

At my own favorite Cafe 080 in Noord it can also happen. http://www.cafe080.com/

The bars basic clientele is Dutch and other Europeans that live and work on the island, so you will often see your favorite bartender or waiter from the resorts go here after work, especially Friday night is full speed.

But a "slow" Monday night can expand your cultural horizon, at least that is what happened to me last week. There was a bunch of Americans there and the staff suddenly produced their new "attraction" which was completely unknown to me and to the Dutch people there, but all the Americans jumped on top of each other to get to it and knew all the rules and tricks.

It is basically a table where a bunch of plastic cups are raked up filled with beer at each end. Each team (at each end) then have to throw a table tennis ball in one of the other teams cups and the other team then have to drink that beer.

It is called Beer Pong and it seems that every American have played it during College. (And I brought all ages back to the college years it seems .
    They got into it like crazy and it was quite fun to watch and looked even more fun to play.
    So another piece of American culture on Aruba , but it really lived up a Monday evening.
    (Seems like there is even a professional World series in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOYduGqZSRc ).
    So if you are bored or want to go back in time to your college days, you can just ask the staff to setup the Beer Pong.

Carsten

WOW. . .This is right down the road from my house. . . I have driven by it many times and keep meaning to pop in. . . Will have to give it a try. . . . Looks like a fun place for a couple of pops. . . . . Thanks. .

Tom and Stanley

Aruba since 1979
    ahhhh beer pong.
    one of the fine games that got me into deep doo doo freshman year of college.

and another fun game is QUARTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    Often a Monday or Tuesday can be a bit slow at the local bars.

At my own favorite Cafe 080 in Noord it can also happen. http://www.cafe080.com/

The bars basic clientele is Dutch and other Europeans that live and work on the island, so you will often see your favorite bartender or waiter from the resorts go here after work, especially Friday night is full speed.

But a "slow" Monday night can expand your cultural horizon, at least that is what happened to me last week. There was a bunch of Americans there and the staff suddenly produced their new "attraction" which was completely unknown to me and to the Dutch people there, but all the Americans jumped on top of each other to get to it and knew all the rules and tricks.

It is basically a table where a bunch of plastic cups are raked up filled with beer at each end. Each team (at each end) then have to throw a table tennis ball in one of the other teams cups and the other team then have to drink that beer.

It is called Beer Pong and it seems that every American have played it during College. (And I brought all ages back to the college years it seems .
    They got into it like crazy and it was quite fun to watch and looked even more fun to play.
    So another piece of American culture on Aruba , but it really lived up a Monday evening.
    (Seems like there is even a professional World series in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOYduGqZSRc ).
    So if you are bored or want to go back in time to your college days, you can just ask the staff to setup the Beer Pong.

Carsten

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Ahhhh, yes Andrea, quarters is the game that we used to play and still do. I guess the table tennis ball they are referring to would be a ping pong ball. That works well also but I think that the quarters are more of a challenge. Maybe you and I should go there sometime and introduce it lol!!! You will be at LaCabana in May? Am I correct? I do believe we have met and don't even know it, before I was on the forum. As a matter of fact, please tell me if I am wrong but I was at LaCabana this yr wks 19 and 20 and was sitting right next to you??? Were you there then??

This place is also right down the street from my house. I will definitely give it a try. I pass it all the time, but never stopped in.

Beer pong, what is that?

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Beer Pong. Ok, the way I know how to play it is, you have a couple of people playing, you either have glasses of beer or shots set up in front of each person, you take turns trying to bounce either a quarter or a ping pong ball into a chosen cup, shotglass. If you get it to bounce in, the person has to drink the drink they have that it landed in. Hope that was helpful.

I was only kidding about not knowing about beer pong. I used to play several times per week while attending Montclair State in the 80's. Those were the days... and than we grow up, get a job, get married and start playing all over again...

Regards,

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We will be there for sure, when we visit the island in March & April.

Arrow

Cafe 080 is one of my favorite watering holes. But....shhhhh...don't tell too many people - I don't want it overrun with tourists.

Yep, playing beer pong in college - I do remember it well! LOL!

~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    I know exactly what you mean Amy. This is my favorite "local" place and I have not mentioned it before since we want it for "ourselves" , but to see the Americans go into their second youth was too much fun and life confirming that I thought it would be too egoistic to keep it a secret .

Carsten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast