Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Old Dutch - How come no one ever mentioned this place?

Old Dutch - How come no one ever mentioned this place?

Okay folks....
    I've been asking for a few years about the idea of live music on the island,
    and it seems that no one is aware of what's really going on other than the usual tourista crap
    that we all continually put up with.
    If you're interested in something other than what I'm sure you've seen a time or three or five,
    depending on how often you've been to paradise, you're in for a treat.

We were introduced to a very cool pub/bar/nightclub in Noord, a place called the Old Dutch.
    I understand the food's good, though we weren't there for the food. We were there for the music.
    We got it. The evening pretty much kicked off musically about 10:30-10:45, tunes led by the very capable
    Alain Tromp, this guy plays in numerous situations in numerous places. Likeliness is you've seen him.

Back to Old Dutch.
    Get off the resort for a night and go blow the doors off your vacation.
    Go to the Old Dutch, if you don't know where it is, (I don't really), just ask the cab driver, they ALL know the location.
    Old Dutch - How come no one ever mentioned this place?-1.jpg
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.

We've been going there for a few years now. They're located just down the road from the Texaco (the one near the main roundabout in the low rise hotel area). You can't miss it - it's on the right hand side of the road and there is always plenty of parking. We always pop in to have a few drinks and play some darts. This photo was taken with our friends at The Old, Carolina, and Mike are behind the bar ready to pour you a pint!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Dutch - How come no one ever mentioned this place?-44.jpg  
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016