Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Palm Beach Bars

Great video. It reminded me of a bike trip we took through the Okanagen vineyards this summer when I kept on saying "hey I have had that wine" in this case "hey I have partaken at that bar".

Speaking of beach tennis we will be on island just before Christmas until mid-February. We enjoyed beach tennis last winter so if anyone is interested in joining us anytime just let me know.

Counting down 4 weeks today until we leave. Being that it is -20C today in Calgary you know it will be a long 4 weeks!

SanNic44 - What music are you using in the video? I've always tried to buy a CD or two while on the island. I am usually disappointed as the music usually sounds fake, as if it was recorded with a synthesizer or something. I'm looking for good upbeat island music. My husband and I have been to the island 9 times, and this year we are taking our kids on Christmas day for a true "holiday". I've been gearing them up with info about the island each week, and I'd like to get them listening to some good island music. Thanks.

The music on these videos is all "royalty free," which means it can be used on YouTube and elsewhere without infringing on the rights of the musicians. I bought it on iTunes. Some is from a company called Autumn Hill, their Caribbean collection.

The "regular" music I like for island life is from various Latino groups, like Bacilos, Juanes, Carlos Vives, Marco Antonio Solis, Olga Taņon, Tito Rojas, and so on.

Enjoy.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thanks. I'll be searching iTunes and listening soon. And, love the video. That's exactly what I do each afternoon; stroll along the walkway, cool off and hydrate along the way.

Just a reminder for Bugaloe, have some change or small bills with you. We were asked to pay 50 cents each time we used the restroom. It was a great time though.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Just a reminder for Bugaloe, have some change or small bills with you. We were asked to pay 50 cents each time we used the restroom. It was a great time though.
    I think the "pay rest room" is courtesy of Unique Watersports there opposite the pier next to the alley, but I could be wrong. Small price to pay when you gotta go

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    moomba is next to holiday inn

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I think the "pay rest room" is courtesy of Unique Watersports there opposite the pier next to the alley, but I could be wrong. Small price to pay when you gotta go
    Yea, we didn't see it as a real issue, small price to pay when you are enjoying good company, great views, good music, good drinks, and yummy garlic shrimp (a must try).

That's just one more reason we will never use Unique though. My husband was trying to inquire about dive trips one morning and the Unique employee just handed him a sheet of paper just walked away to chit chat and exchange hugs with other employees. They could be a perfectly good company, but there are so many other companies who showed more interest in our business that I would not deal with them.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Claudia is no longer at Basi Ruti. She is at the other beach bar at Playa Linda w/Sassy & Ellen. That was also rebuilt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12