My name is Jessica and I just wanted to first say that everyone is so informative here!
I am traveling with a group of 25 people to Aruba on July 3-July 11th and I can't wait. We are staying in 2 villas in Malmok and I understand we will be near the highrise hotel area. Does anyone know great places for happy hour, near there as well as some places for dancing?
There are some great places for happy hours, live bands and dancing spots on the Island.
Here are a couple of options for live bands and nightlife.
- Every Wednesday nights there is a live band at the Mambo Jambo (at the royal plaza, downtown) they play salsa, merengue and other latin music. It's really nice and some locals also go. On other nights they have deejays playing salsa and latin music.
- Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night there is a live band at Mr. Jazz (at the paseo herencia mall in front of the holiday inn) They also play latin music. Salsa, merengue and more.
- Every Friday and Saturday night there is a live band at Tropical Cafe. Some locals also go there. They play salsa, merengue and local music as well.
- Cafe Bahia is a nightclub where most of the time is visited by the locals. They might play some R&B, more popular songs too.
- Every friday from 6:30 to 10:00 pm there's a great live band and happy hour at the Mill resort. It's great fun. The Mill is situated in front of the Westin resort. They also play salsa, merengue and more.
- La Cabana resort also has a great happy hour. This resort is located at the low rise area.
The live entertainment is great.
Does anyone know great places for happy hour, near there as well as some places for dancing?
Thank you all...Jess
This will depend on whether you want to dance to a mix of contemporary dance music, or if you want latin music.
Mambo Jambo (Latin)
Senior Frogs (Latin)
Mr Jazz (Latin)
Euphoria (mix, late nights)
Jimmy's (80's on Thursday, mix Friday & Saturday, large gay crowd)
Sopranos (live piano bar, some dancing)
Havana Beach (watch posters for FULL MOON party)