Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn, Divi, Divi Phoenix...

Tamarijn, Divi, Divi Phoenix...

Hopefully I have someone's attention.
    When a band shows up to play at the Tamarijn, they generally play at the Cunucu Terrace,
    and when they play the Divi, they play at the Pelican Terrace.
    Where do they play when the do the Divi Phoenix?
    Does anyone know?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, if you're on the island or heading there soon, be sure to look for the No Stress Band. They used to be the Why Not Band, then for a while they were Chesley and Friends... very cool and laid back 3 piece you can usually catch at the Tam or the Divi, and always the Oceanfront Bar (in between the two) on Friday eves at 5 for happy hour.
    Say hi to Tico for Michael if you go see them,
    he'll likely give you a big smile... and probably a hug too.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

we are owners at the Phoenix and when they have entertainment it's at the resturant, sunset bistro of to the side during dinner. there is also a bar to sit at if you are not eating dinner.

Thank you thank you thank you....
    Mucho appreciado...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Morning Everyone:

Been a while since I've been on the forum - work is getting out of hand. Winning the lottery would certainly alleviate that problem......

Quick question for everyone. Last May/2008 we stayed at the Divi Aruba, with a garden view room in the block called Vista 1. This is a two storey motel-type structure. Rooms were a bit on the small side, but nothing wrong with them.

Behind the Red Parrot restaurant (excellent food there), is a 'condo-style' structure that has about 4 floors. We went for a walk thru a couple of those units, and thought we'd like to try that next time. It's a few feet further to the beach, but no big problem.

Does anyone know what that structure is called, so that next time we go to book, we know what building to ask for.
    Thx any any help.
    Roadstar

Quote Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
    Behind the Red Parrot restaurant (excellent food there), is a 'condo-style' structure that has about 4 floors. We went for a walk thru a couple of those units, and thought we'd like to try that next time. It's a few feet further to the beach, but no big problem.

Does anyone know what that structure is called, so that next time we go to book, we know what building to ask for.
    Thx any any help.
    Roadstar
    That would be the Verandah building
    click on thumbnail to enlarge

Thanks Arubalisa that is one, and we do hope to get back there soon. My personal choice would be this year, but my since my voting rights in our equal-partners marriage only amounts to 49%, I might have to wait till next year.

Congrats on your upcoming trip - can't believe you've been there 17 times already !!

Enjoy the day.

Roadstar

Quote Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
    Thanks Arubalisa that is one, and we do hope to get back there soon. My personal choice would be this year, but my since my voting rights in our equal-partners marriage only amounts to 49%, I might have to wait till next year.
    LOL, it's my 49% voting right that prevents me from a stay at the Verandah building. Have been wanting to stay there since I first saw it about 7 years ago. Dh isn't ready to switch over to the Divi.

Congrats on your upcoming trip - can't believe you've been there 17 times already !!

Enjoy the day.

Roadstar
    That is to Aruba, but not to the Tamarijn. This will be our 3rd stay at the Tamarijn. Thank you I am sure we will enjoy! Good luck in confincing your partner.

We were in that building last March and would probably avoid booking it again. Golf carts going between the hotels are flying by all day and most of the night and we got stuck with small children above us that moved the furniture several times a day. We had an end unit on the second floor so the cart issue might not be as bad if you're somewhere in the middle.