Aruba Beach

Thread: Things to do in Oranjestad

Things to do in Oranjestad

Hello Everyone,
    My bf and I are going to Aruba in 9 days and this is our first time for us both! Does anyone recommend any night life/places to def check out in that area. We are staying at the DIVI golf and beach resort. And Im not sure how far or if its even possible to walk to any places?

Aruba since 1979
    Places to go party!
    check out the above link for places to go on palm beach in the evening.

the divi golf resort is on druif beach, just a little south of eagle beach and about 2 or 3 miles south of palm beach area.

divi is right there on the public bus route so getting to palm beach is easy and downtown to O'staad is easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by MarAnthony View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    My bf and I are going to Aruba in 9 days and this is our first time for us both! Does anyone recommend any night life/places to def check out in that area. We are staying at the DIVI golf and beach resort. And Im not sure how far or if its even possible to walk to any places?

Thank you Andrea for the infomation. Do you think its worth doing the bombino festival on tuesday nights? We were hoping to catch a glimpse and maybe have dinner around the area if there are places near there.

Aruba since 1979
    yes about the festival.
    i know lots of folks that have enjoyed it!
    and there are plenty of places downtown for dinner.
    few suggestions for dinner downtown............COOKS, EL GAUCHO, Cubas Cookin, LG Smith steakhouse, Driftwood and Old Fisherman....just to name a few.

my new downtown favorite is COOKS
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.

The threads about the shuttle to the grocery store have been moved to
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f22/golf-cart-shutttle-tamarijn-divi-30380/

We have had complaints in the past about these sorts of things...It was going not totally but not really having anything to do with nightlife in Oranjestad.

Quote Originally Posted by MarAnthony View Post
    We were hoping to catch a glimpse and maybe have dinner around the area if there are places near there.
    Lots of places to eat downtown after the Bon Bini Festival. Some of our favorites are Yemanja for a really nice dinner; Cuba's Cookin' for a casual dinner; or El Gaucho for steak. These are all walkable from the festival.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Talking night life in Oranjestad

My Husband and I are arriving to Aruba this december 18th,and we are gonna stay at Riu Palace Hotel, I'd like to know some places to go in Oranjestad for dancing , I've been in the island about 8 years ago, so I think most of the places that I used to go are close or wondering if they still opening like Mambo Jambo, Carlos Ancharlies, and a disco that was in the same building of Mambo Jambo but in the top. I don't remember the name, I appreciate some information.
    I got tons of fun there so I'm sure this time will be too, thankxx

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    The good news is that many if not most of the nightlife today is within walking distance from your hotel.

So go out of the hotel and go left for a few minutes and you will have a ton of bars and restaurants to have fun at.

Carsten