Aruba Beach
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 2 Post By Glenn
  • 2 Post By jpsphr
  • 4 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Where will I fit in..

Question Where will I fit in..

I dont want an atmosphere like Cancun when it comes to nightlife but I dont hate the thought of meeting some beautiful mid 20's single ladies in a great hotspot between palm beach and the capital. Im here to relax and let loose. Guide me to where I belong members..

Its my first time!

Aruba since 1979
    eeww aruba vs cancun is apples vs organges

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/nightlife.html

check out above link for nightlife threads that might be of interest

Quote Originally Posted by IknowTK View Post
    I dont want an atmosphere like Cancun when it comes to nightlife but I dont hate the thought of meeting some beautiful mid 20's single ladies in a great hotspot between palm beach and the capital. Im here to relax and let loose. Guide me to where I belong members..

Its my first time!

Well im happily single and 30, not 21! Thats why I chose Palm Beach. But your response still doesnt tell me where the prettiest girls and best parties are. I need insider gossip. Not a list of bars and a sense of curiousity!

Quote Originally Posted by IknowTK View Post
    Well im happily single and 30, not 21! Thats why I chose Palm Beach. But your response still doesnt tell me where the prettiest girls and best parties are. I need insider gossip. Not a list of bars and a sense of curiousity!

I guess you'll have to hang on until someone who shares your interests shows up and reads your request.

Loved the natural bridge before it collapsed...now not so much...view from lighthouse, sunset drinks at the Hyatt, tearing it up on the north side with a rental jeep...I could go on for hours....
    If I could go back 10 yrs and give my 30yr old self a message (a la Hot Tub Time Machine movie), I'd say this: don't be a tool!...stop worrying about finding the girls and just focus on yourself and buddies and having a good time because someday soon you may be married with a couple of kids and then you don't get to focus on yourself anymore. Go somewhere cool with your buds, enjoy your vacation and I'll bet one or two girls may just find you...that said, many beachfront bars have sunset watching cocktail events...I'd start there (Hyatt).

Some of Your best bets

No critique of my reply is required , but these are the most popular spots , so your chances of hooking up would be better based upon sheer quantity of bodies ...

MoomBa- Sunday nights
    Bugaloe
    Cafe Rembrandt- Fridays starting at 11:30 pm
    Senor Frogs
    Kukoo Kunuku party bus
    Senor Frogs
    Upstairs
    Confessions
    Banana Bus
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleWhiteDeskGuy View Post
    If I could go back 10 yrs and give my 30yr old self a message (a la Hot Tub Time Machine movie), I'd say this: don't be a tool!...stop worrying about finding the girls and just focus on yourself and buddies and having a good time because someday soon you may be married with a couple of kids and then you don't get to focus on yourself anymore. Go somewhere cool with your buds, enjoy your vacation and I'll bet one or two girls may just find you...that said, many beachfront bars have sunset watching cocktail events...I'd start there (Hyatt).

Hey there IknowTK,

Andrea is absolutely right on. Comparing Aruba with Cancun is an "apples and oranges" comparison.

Palewhitedeskguy (I'm a Canadian pale white desk guy) is even more right on! Go to Aruba, have a good time and he's right; chances are the girls will come to you. Sunset watching at just about any beachside bar is a great place to start.

PWDG is only partially right though on one thing though. Yes, once you're married you can't just focus on yourself', your wife will see to that. But if you're married and in Aruba you can still focus on the things you want to focus on. That's what mirrored wrap-around sunglasses are for.

Watch, learn, adapt and have fun!

Glenn

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Glenn,
    Love the sunglasses remark. As a priest friend of mine once said - "I can read the menu, I just can't order."

Talking

All very helpful especially Lisa. Great list.

Im an entertainment consultant and want to hear and see what I am used to. Some cant order off the menu, and some like their prix fixe..
    Last edited by IknowTK; 08-28-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    No critique of my reply is required , but these are the most popular spots , so your chances of hooking up would be better based upon sheer quantity of bodies ...

MoomBa- Sunday nights
    Bugaloe
    Cafe Rembrandt- Fridays starting at 11:30 pm
    Senor Frogs
    Kukoo Kunuku party bus
    Senor Frogs
    Upstairs
    Confessions
    Banana Bus
    In addition to the list above, I would add:

Cafe 080 (local, mostly Dutch, hangout)
    Cafe Pijp (next to Rembrandt's)

Here is the issue with some of these places. Everyone seems to go to certain bars on certain nights. You might go to Upstairs one night and it's fun and busy but the next night you go, it's dead. It's because everyone is at a different bar/hotspot each night. Ask the bartenders at the Bugaloe which nights for which places (it changes all the time) - they'll be able to steer you in the right direction.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018