Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: 14 Bis

14 Bis

14 Bis is a new restaurant located at the Queen Beatrix airport between the US departure hall and the arrivals hall. It serves all three meals and has quite a large seating area. You'll find wraps and sandwiches, fresh fruit and baked goods, served through a pleasant buffet-style arrangement. The food here is much, much better than the stuff in the secure area. I checked it out while picking up a friend at the airport and found the food to be quite tasty for an airport location. This is outside the secure area, but you could check in and then have a meal and go up through security. Or, if you're waiting to greet someone, this is a great place to set up camp, use the WiFi and sip a drink.

Photos at:
    http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/0...aruba-airport/

Bon dia from Aruba.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    i think it might be affiliated somehow with "matthews".

we were there yesterday dropping off dear son and bride at airport and saw the "matthwes truck" unloading food and bringing it in to this 14 BIS

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think it might be affiliated somehow with "matthews".

we were there yesterday dropping off dear son and bride at airport and saw the "matthwes truck" unloading food and bringing it in to this 14 BIS
    Thanks for the info Andrea now I'm gonna have to try it. Matthews has been one of our favorite restaurants...we always take a night and have dinner there and watch the sunset.

Those supply trucks sport paid advertising because they're always in the area where there are lots of people. It may or may not be affiliated with the restaurant advertised.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    ahhhh, i see.

it caught my eye.
    we were starting to leave the airport yesterday and got involved in a tangle of traffic outside of 14BIS.
    that truck with MATTHEWS advertising on it , was parked almost in the middle of the road, ramp down and unloading cartons of stuff into the restaurant.

just a short while ago there was the same kind of truck with CAFE REMBRANDT advertising all over the side at Casa Del Mar.

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Those supply trucks sport paid advertising because they're always in the area where there are lots of people. It may or may not be affiliated with the restaurant advertised.