Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 1st and 2nd - 2 fools and carte blanche

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    And I still laugh at act's review of over a year ago of 2 fools. Sorry that I had to delete it but I still laugh.
    It`s like we need an "Aruba.Com After Dark"... cue the candles and mood music...

That was one of the most insane (in a fun way) nights we've ever had out but, in retrospect, a little too risque for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I agree, it was hilarious! Only wish I had saved a copy...
    Lesson learned: do not drink and post.

And always keep a copy...LOL

Jackie, yours are a bit older than mine and with 3 of them I am sure that adds even another element I don't have to worry about. When we dine with our twerp we like to keep our dinners to about 1.5 hours.

We order our drinks and his dinner at the first opportunity and things usually work out well. He typically gets to make his own food when we dine at the Ritz, crazy I know...one of the many reasons we love the Ritz soooo much.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-01-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    do not drink and post.
    there are some days when i need a drink just to read

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Lesson learned: do not drink and post.

And always keep a copy...LOL

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Silent chuckle here.... Have we contributed? ❤️😀

That post from act was a beaut!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    do not drink and post.
    there are some days when i need a drink just to read

I have been to all three restaurants and CARTE BLANCHE wins hands down,imo. It is a fun evening and the time passes quickly. Bring along another couple or just go on your own. It is very interactive and we adore CB, although it is an expensive evening. It is a dining experience like no other!

I found that The Kitchen Table was the most frustrating in terms of timing and watching "the presentation". First they have you come and sit and watch the sunset-I can watch the sunset at my place so coming for 6:30pm was a bit of a waste, imo. I found that the interaction (compared to the other two restaurants) was minimal. The time was spent watching chefs spend painstakingly long creating lovely plates. At the end of this they would explain what they were serving, etc. In contrast, Chef Denis (CB) talks to you as he is preparing and Glen is just a hoot and keeps us entertained. We found Kitchen Table WAY TOO LONG and at the same price point as CB, we opt to go there.

Now if I compare 2 Fools vs CB, I much prefer CB. CB is just that much more "polished" in every way. 2 Fools chef cooks inside a lot and doesn't interact with customers the same way as CB (he even was washing dishes in the back instead of talking with his customers). We have been to 2 fools 3 times and each time it was the same thing. Wine selection and knowledge is better at CB as well. Food was good at 2 fools, no doubt but for an overall experience CB is our favourite.

All I can say is if I was in a "regular" restaurant I could never sit that long but in this concept it is fun and the food at CB is beyond explanation. FANTASTIC!!! Highly recommend it.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I hope this is not too far off topic, but I'm wondering how Wilhelmina compares to Carte Blanche? Is the the same quality just an a la carte style? We aren't much for the interactive, longer dinners but sometimes I feel we are missing some quality meals.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We've been to both Carte Blanche and Wilhemina. The reason I wanted to go to Wilhemenia was because the food was so good at Carte Blanche and the a la Carte was more our style. We went to Wilhemenia less than 2 months after they first opened so they had some kinks to work out. The potential is there, my steak was phenomenal. Chef Dennis, however, is not in the kitchen. The desserts were average. Tom has no interest in going back. I would like to try it again as parts of our dining experience were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I hope this is not too far off topic, but I'm wondering how Wilhelmina compares to Carte Blanche? Is the the same quality just an a la carte style? We aren't much for the interactive, longer dinners but sometimes I feel we are missing some quality meals.
    It's comparable in quality. We've been twice now: once after it opened in October and a return visit in January. We're going again in a few weeks. We're fans.

Again, might not be for everybody.
    Last edited by act1966; 02-02-2016 at 11:22 PM.

We loved Whilemina but it still wasn't the same as Carte Blanche.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast