Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

2 fools and a bull

I had reservations for eating at '2 Fools and a Bull' on Wednesday night. It has easily been the best dining experience so far in Aruba. The experience was well worth the effort.

We arrived a bit late, so we were not able to socialize before the dinner started. However, Paul still met us at the door when we arrived. There were a total of 10 diners that night.

We had 5 courses/plates. Paul went over the menu and explained everything. Fred takes care of the cooking and most of the plating, while Paul handles the wine and keeps the people under control (although he tends to be causing most of the trouble). There were 2 periods during the meal where we could socialize while preparation was going on. Thus, we were able to find that the rest of the people were a couple and then a group who tend to visit Aruba together. Arriving at 7pm would be better.

The food - perfect. I don't do gourmet dining, so it was a good experience. I tried a lot of foods that I only see on Hells Kitchen. For now, I can't even explain the dishs. I would have to consult photos of the menu. But there were seafood dishes and, with the 'bull' oven, meat dishes. I will post more once I get back to the States and can think.

This is definitely a place I would put on my list for another visit.

(I'm comparing against Passions on the Beach, the dinner cruise with Red Sails, Windows on Aruba, dinner on the beach at Bucuti, and others. I haven't had bad food yet and would go back to any of them, but the '2 fools' did quite well.)

Smile Thanks for the report

How was 2 Fools vs. Windows on Aruba?

We had lunch at the Windows while 2 Fools was for dinner. There is definitely nothing wrong with Windows. The food was great. We had an appetizer followed by a main course - Grouper and Steak.

I think 2 Fools was just more of a fun atmosphere. The price was double that of what we spent at Windows. But, we would be more likely to return to 2 Fools. (I would be more likely to return to Wendys. There is no accounting for taste.)

I dined at 2 Fools in April and also had a great evening full of socializing, food, and wine - and fun! Definitely get there at 7pm to enjoy your pre-dinner drink on the patio in back with the other diners and the 2 Fools.

Their dining concept is similar to Carte Blanche. Both are great places!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

god i wish my hubby wasnt such a picky eater!!! lol..........

Aruba since 1979
    That too here and also being able to sit for 2+ hours
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    god i wish my hubby wasnt such a picky eater!!! lol..........

Is "2 Fools" a price fixed dinner? If so, how much?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.2foolsandabull.com/index.php
    here is their website click above link

price is in the $60 pp range and then there is an up charge for additional wine.
    ~amy~ has been there at least 2x and probably can give a better idea on exact pricing or you can contact them using the link

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Is "2 Fools" a price fixed dinner? If so, how much?