Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Burgers

One word: UGH!

We have them here in Minneapolis but we don't do fast food.

I hope others like it but it's definitely not our cup of tea....especially when there are so many other better places to go in Aruba that you can't get at home.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

So, does this mean that the all inclusive resorts are going to be competing with a greasy burger place the same way they do with Dunkin Donuts?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    do the all inclusives on aruba compete now with
    dunkin donuts?
    pizza hut?
    kentucky fried chicken?
    wendys?
    mcdonalds?
    burger king?
    5 guys?
    baskin robbins?
    sbarro?
    cinnabon?

mr rat posed the question.
    my opinion and answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    So, does this mean that the all inclusive resorts are going to be competing with a greasy burger place the same way they do with Dunkin Donuts?

Maybe had some ice cream at Baskin Robbins while shopping in Oranjestad years ago? That was before our first stay at the Tamarijn.

During one of our stays at Playa Linda we bought sandwiches at Subway a couple of times. So long ago, going back to the time of the lady with the hot dog cart on the beach there.

I doubt they will have any problem staying afloat in Aruba. It's a major restaurant chain with a fairly detected following.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    btw, if their fries taste burned then the store is failing at its job. but compared to typical fast food, they are several steps up.
    I've been to four different places in three states, the fries all tasted the same. I don't think it was an error.
    Last edited by Chadd; 02-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.

sorry chadd, didn't mean to offend you. i've never had burnt tasting fries at a 5 guys but it's all a matter of taste. i'm not a big fast food fan but in n out, fat burgers and 5 guys are my idea of fast food fun. sadly, as i said, on the east coast two out of three are about unknown. it would be nice to get their competition on this coast. competition usually raises the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I've been to four different places in three states, the fries all tasted the same. I don't think it was an error.

We don't have either N Out or 5 guys here in Houston BUT I did try N Out while in California and I just thought it was a burger and that's it. After all the hype I was expecting something really great, but anyway that is only my opinion. We may try 5 guys while in Aruba because I have heard so much about them as well.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    We don't have either N Out or 5 guys here in Houston BUT I did try N Out while in California and I just thought it was a burger and that's it.
    It's all about hype for all of the chains. The biggest differences are the topping options and the fries. In N Out, you gives you very few topping options and the fries are lighter, while 5 guys gives you more options and the fries are cooked longer/darker. Neither is top cuisine, just fast food done a little better than the major chains.

You will have an In N Out in the not too distant future, they are setting up a distribution center outside Dallas.
    Last edited by Chadd; 02-21-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    It's all about hype for all of the chains. The biggest differences are the topping options and the fries. In N Out, you gives you very few topping options and the fries are lighter, while 5 guys gives you more options and the fries are cooked longer/darker. Neither is top cuisine, just fast food done a little better than the major chains.

You will have an In N Out in the not too distant future, they are setting up a distribution center outside Dallas.
    That is good to hear about N Out Chadd, I am sure people around here will love it. Like you said, it is all about the hype. We HAD to try it. Now that we are hearing a lot about 5 Guys Burger, we will have to try it at least one time. I just checked the locator for 5 Guys and actually there is one pretty close to where we live, SO with that being said, Yes we will try it. Thanks about the info on N Out too.
    Pat

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast