Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By act1966

Thread: Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014

In the pool.

Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014

We had a late reservation (8:30) so we lucked out and were seated at a front-line table with the Caribbean Sea right in front of us. Quite a switch from seeing snowflakes come down in Toronto.

Service was great... a waiter named Peter was pleasant, efficient and knowledgable about the menu and made some good recommendations.

I had mushroom escargots. Yum. Really great with the gouda... a twist on the classic French prep...

Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014-escargot.jpg

My spouse had this incredible "two potato" dish - one was potato salad and the other was a potato truffle potato soup that we agreed was one of the best things we'd ever tasted...

Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014-potato.jpg

I had "Grouper Romana" which is parmesan-encrusted grouper with pasta, bolognese and sautéed vegetables - I know: it sounds like a weird combination but it really worked for me:

Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014-grouper.jpg

The spouse had the prime rip special... it was good but the problem with ordering prime rib late in the day is that it's almost impossible to get a rare/medium-rare piece of meat but that's not the restaurant's fault... just the reality of the cut and roasting process. Good sides and there wasn't a bite left so we'll chalk it up as a winner:

Act1966 Barefoot November 9 2014-primerib.jpg

The spouse's specials came with dessert (which we normally don't get) and, wow, it was coffee cake with whipped cream, fruit and some sort of caramel ice cream. I took one bite and basically did a face-plant on the plate... so much so that I forgot to take a picture. Classy! LOL

I love launching a vacation with a great restaurant experience. Barefoot has definitely held up well since our last few visits!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing

Looks delicious!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Looks so good, we love Barefoot.

Palm Beach, The Marriotts lazy river
    May make barefoot a must next trip