Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Affordable, good places to eat

Affordable, good places to eat

I was researching for a friend and pulled up all the threads thru search, and realized how old most of those threads were. before I opened any of the threads, the first thing I thought was I wonder if any of these places are still good or even open.......and then wondered why we don't have a sticky for affordable options.

When we were there last time I absolutely LOVED La Granja. The food was very affordable and it was really good. this is a link to their menu

http://www.lagranjarestaurants.com/menu.php Off the beaten path but well worth the trip.

We also enjoy a tapas like dinner at Salt and Pepper. They also have a pretty affordable breakfast. http://saltandpepperaruba.com/
    Scott's Brats right on the beach, breakfast or lunch is ALWAYS a good option!

I could go on and on......Lets put an updated list together.

Barney's! Good price/value. Grouper parmesan is a must!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...expensive.html

some tagged threads re: inexpensive restaurants
    and some/most are old

those were the ones I was looking at and because of the dates I wondered what someone NEW would be thinking looking at that....my first thought knowing how fast things change in the restaurant world was is this STILL relevant? lol figured this may help newbies out and people who don't necessarily post but lurk.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I like great food and good price. Great combination. For breakfast our favorite is Matthews at Casa Del Mar. I always order the American breakfast. It comes with 2 eggs any way you want them, bacon, sausage, toast and coffee for $7.95. Wife gets Aruban breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, pastiche, croquette, toast and coffee(or tea) also $7.95. They have several other choices plus pancakes and waffles or create your own. Located right on the beach for a great morning start.

Great value for dinner is The Pelicans Nest on Pelican Pier between Holiday Inn and Playa Linda. The grilled Grouper dinner comes with grilled veggies, rice and a roll for $22. At least it was $22 last June. It is excellent and you get a large piece of grouper. Sitting out at the end of the pier watching the sunset eating mouthwatering grilled grouper. It doesn't get any better than that for $22. Drinks are extra.

of course scotts brats, bugaloe for lunch, the view of palm beach is fabulous...

dinner, casa tua, smokey joes, my favorite late night snack, the FOOD TRUCKS!!!

Aruba since 1979
    hung paradise (great chinese)
    lindas
    dutch pancake house
    cafe at plaza
    cilo

where are the food trucks??? how have I never seen food trucks??? lol

OMG !!!! all this food is making me hungry.
    I always like going to the "local" places. Sometimes those little hole in the wall place. Seems like they got some of the best food.

Aruba since 1979
    this website http://bentpage.net/category/aruba-g...a-restaurants/

this is dan putokwski's site
    dan is forum member san nic44

(dan is also author of numerous aruba based novels such as "an island away")

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast