Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Alfies

Looks pretty good. Reasonable prices and a good selection of food to go with your booze.

I had duck confit poutine with sweet potato fries this past Sunday. If it's done well, the fries don't get too soggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Their humor is very "act1966". I wonder if it is a relative.
    We all went to the John Candy School of Canadian Humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    An Act1966 alter ego?
    Call me, "Amal"...

We thought we were going to be the ones to bring poutine to the island! Curses!

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Just got back from the opening celebration at Alfies. A huge shout out to owners Amal and Peter, two incredibly friendly people (what can I say, they are Canadian, eh) who opened this casual local place as a namesake to Peter's dad. If the sampling of pulled pork sandwiches and poutine is any indication of what they plan on serving, then this is definitely a go to local place to hang out at over a cold beer and good pub eats. It was also amazing to see the support of their family of all ages . . . some 22 Canucks mostly from Ottawa Canada that traveled to our happy island to support them and even to pitch in. Oh, yes, in case you need to ask, they do have Clamato, so you know where you will find me some evenings enjoying a Bloody Caesar. :-)
    This Canuck from Ottawa will have to try it on our March trip. Your restaurant too!!! Being from Ottawa, Alfie only means one thing DANIEL ALFREDSSON!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Hi everyone! Amal from Alfie's here A new friend let me know about this thread!

For those that have visited, thanks for all your kind words, love & support!

For those yet to try us out, we (Peter & I) look forward to welcoming and getting to know you .

Take care, a bientot!
    Amal

Hi Amal! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! We are happy to see you here. Good luck with Alfies!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Tell us more about your happy hour?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Hi Amal, welcome to the forum. We won't be in Aruba until November but Alfies is on top of our list to visit!

Jacki and Pegmeister, thanks for the warm welcome, and the well wishes! My apologies for not 'replying' properly, been a while since I've used a forum!

schexc, Happy Hour runs Tuesday through Friday, 5PM-7PM:

5 for 20 afl. beer bucket (you can mix Balashi, Chill, Presidente, Polar)

and/or

2 afl. off all other cocktails/wine/spirits.
    Last edited by AlfiesInAruba; 03-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.

I was so excited to read about your new restaurant!!! Any chance you'll put cretons on the menu? I may be a product of Boston but my grandparents were Canadian. Wishing you much success!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast