Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: all inclusive

all inclusive

Hi
    We will be in Aruba at the end of october.We,ve never gone all-inclusive before.
    If we go to one of the restaurants and don't like the meal when it arrives can we order a different meal from the same restaurant without charge.
    or even leave and go to one of the other restaurants
    thanks
    andreamay

Thats a very good question,I don't think you can because you need reservations,but you may be able to go to there buffets,I would think you need to ask at check in.By the way where are you staying?Have a great vacation.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    No, your meal is your meal, unless of course it is a buffet. Thats why I don't like being tied into an AI.

If I remember correctly you are staying at the Tamarijn?

If you are eating at an ala carte restaurant, I am pretty sure they will do what they can to make sure that you have an enjoyable meal. If you do not like something they would more than likely try to rectify the situation.

With that said, we found the food to be very good and palatible. There are two steaks at the Red Parrot which come with sauces which are on the spicy side. I just order them on the side and it is never a problem.

During the holidays (Christmas & New Years & such) there were special (very limited) menus. My Mom was unable to find anything which appealed to her so they offered her some plain broiled shrimp. It was no problem.

At the Divi and the Tamarijn, if you are not happy with your meal at one of the sit-down restaurants, you can always go to one of the buffets.

Have fun!
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Your memory is working ok Arubalisa.
    we will be staying at the Tamarijn.The stake sounds great for me.
    my eldest son loves lamb/fish can you recomend any restaurant that do a nice lamb or fish dish.
    thank you
    andreamay

Quote Originally Posted by Andreamay View Post
    my eldest son loves lamb/fish can you recomend any restaurant that do a nice lamb or fish dish.
    thank you
    andreamay
    Thanks. No lamb at the Divi or Tamarijn.

After our trip in December I wrote a LOT about the food selections at http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/tamarijn-all-inclusive-12-22-1-3-08-food-beverage-service-29880/
    As to the seafood, when we were at the Tamarijn in June, all of the restaurants offered a seafood special each evening. My dh ordered the swordfish special the first night at Paparazzi.

For ala carte dining:
    At Paparazzi at the Tamarijn:
    Frutti Di Mare (Spaghetti with shrimp, mussels and squid in a creamy crustacean sauce)

At the Palm Grill at the Tamarijn shrimp is offered. Shrimp lovers in our family just doubled up instead of choosing 2 of the 4 offerings (one other seafood here I believe was swordfish).

At the Red Parrot at the Divi:
    Creole Snapper, Coconut Shrimp

Not seafood, but at Paparazzi the grilled beef tenderloin with cheese ravioli and grain mustard butter sauce is delicious.

I am not sure about the dinner buffets, but there were many days (again see the link above) where there were different types of seafood available on the lunch buffet.