Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Amadeus Restaurant

Mrs. 44, some friends, and I enjoyed a fine meal at Amadeus Restaurant last night. Amadeus is located on the road to Paradera. Go to the Texaco off the Sasaki circle and keep heading inland. If you come to the STERN Chevrolet Dealer you went to far. Amadeus is on the right, attached to HOT Take Away.

There is a long bar downstairs with tables, too, and then a balcony with seating overlooking the bar. We sat upstairs.

The waiter and host do a great job here. We started with appetizers, escargot and coconut shrimp, all of which were tasty. The escargot was done in a garlic mushroom sauce as opposed to simply butter. Mrs. 44 found this different and to her liking.

Then the entrees: tilapia, grouper, and two racks of ribs. All to everyone's liking. Flavors inventive and dishes well presented.

Dessert: slice of apple pie and chocolate ice cream.

Price: VERY REASONABLE. Entrees all less than $20. IMAGINE THAT!

Service: Also VERY GOOD, without pretension.

Thus, I recommend this place for a new venue for your taste buds.

Photos on the blog at: http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2009/1...taurant-aruba/

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

HOT take away is great on Sun. You get a big ol take out box for 14.50florins. That is ribs, chicken, corn, rice, beans, cole slaw, its enough for 2 to eat.

Enz
    Wednesday evenings at Amadeus from 10 - close they have live bands and 1/2 price martini's.

Hey Daniel, since you seem to be on the island now, a couple of questions for you:

1. Are the grocery stores open on Jan 2? I see that Lings is closed and I was wondering about the others. We arrive Jan 1.
    2. I would like to pick up a copy of your book when I am there. Where do you suggest I buy it?

Thanks,
    Dan (also)

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Mrs. 44, some friends, and I enjoyed a fine meal at Amadeus Restaurant last night. Amadeus is located on the road to Paradera. Go to the Texaco off the Sasaki circle and keep heading inland. If you come to the STERN Chevrolet Dealer you went to far. Amadeus is on the right, attached to HOT Take Away.

There is a long bar downstairs with tables, too, and then a balcony with seating overlooking the bar. We sat upstairs.

The waiter and host do a great job here. We started with appetizers, escargot and coconut shrimp, all of which were tasty. The escargot was done in a garlic mushroom sauce as opposed to simply butter. Mrs. 44 found this different and to her liking.

Then the entrees: tilapia, grouper, and two racks of ribs. All to everyone's liking. Flavors inventive and dishes well presented.

Dessert: slice of apple pie and chocolate ice cream.

Price: VERY REASONABLE. Entrees all less than $20. IMAGINE THAT!

Service: Also VERY GOOD, without pretension.

Thus, I recommend this place for a new venue for your taste buds.

Photos on the blog at: http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2009/1...taurant-aruba/

Bon dia.

MNWild,

I'm not sure about the grocery stores on 2 January. Maybe some of the smaller ones out in the hinterlands.

You can find An Island Away at most hotel gift shops and such. (Please note: it is cheaper on Amazon.)

Enjoy your stay.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thanks - I love your posts on this forum, and your web page. You seem to find the kind of restaurants I like. I don't know if you have ever seen the TV show Diners Drive Ins and Dives, but it is one of my favorites. He focuses on family run, small time restaurants that just serve good, unpretentious food.

I can't wait to experience Aruba for the 1st time!