Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazonia Bound

Amazonia Bound

I'm 6'6" and weigh 326lbs. and the best feast on the island ( other than the cook-outs at my buddy Garrido"s house) is at the Amazonia. The best pumpkin soup I have ever had, a salad bar to die for and the best meats to be found anywhere.

Holy Moly, 6-6 and 326, I think with that frame you should go to Texas de Brazil, I understand that their salad bar can handle your urges... They also have an enormous desert cart.

I wish you well on your continual conquest of protein.......
    Last edited by tds-ken; 03-21-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: wrong number

Could you tell me the price of these two places?
    Is the salad bar included or is it a seperate price?

Bon Bini, I think they are about the same, and that is in the $59.00 pp range, I think and that includes the salad bar. I know you can purchase just the salad bar if you wish at a lesser price.

Both are very nice! Go hungry!!!

...and worth every floran!!!!

i have to agree with love god! amazonia is fabulous! being 5'9" about 130 lbs i walked out of there 5'9" 590 lbs already on our list to revisit when we go back!

Quote Originally Posted by love god View Post
    I'm 6'6" and weigh 326lbs. and the best feast on the island ( other than the cook-outs at my buddy Garrido"s house) is at the Amazonia. The best pumpkin soup I have ever had, a salad bar to die for and the best meats to be found anywhere.
    Back in February myself and 18 of my friends and family decided to go to the Amozonia, (recommendation from people here) and had a pretty horrible experience. Our group was NOT told that there was a set price for your meal, and the whole table was NOT told that you could just get the salad bar, which was not that great......a few of the group just got the salad bar, and the rest had the "whole meal"....5 of the girls drank water and the rest had 2 drinks a piece..the total bill...$1,100.00.....That's almost $60 a person, and some of my friends didn't get enough meat.....The meat WAS good, some of it was quite salty, I just felt deceived, and thought the price did not represent the food.

Heather

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.Quite strange. I have always found the employees to be friendly, helpful and deliever top shelf service. The salad bar, I have always found to be very good and as for the meat, they always keep bringing it until I throw in the towel. There are a lot of wonderful places to eat on the island. Hopefully you will find better experiences elsewhere!
    Last edited by love god; 03-25-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Hey Heather,

Have you ever tried the Tortoise and the Hare, it is rather new and a little outside of Oranjestad. They have a great bar area and the meat is flown in from Argentina and Brazil! They have some signature drink, Orange Favored ice something. ( my wife loves them). I think the salad bar without question is at least 1 and half times the size of Texas de Brazil's. After 9:30 they have live music. Just terrific.

Hope to see you there!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tds-ken; 03-27-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    i too had dinner with friends at amazonia a few yrs ago and felt deceived with the pricing..............they 1st told us that we could not do ONLY salad bar, then apparently changed their minds. then they chose NOT to accept the visit aruba cards.
    2 did salad bar and the other the whole meal.
    i found the beef and pork so very very salty.
    i felt nauseated watching folks chow down, and watching my own son masticate what appeared to be the side of a brontosaurus.

just because it is "all you can eat", why do some really go overboard?

and i "can" certainly eat!!!
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Corbett View Post
    Back in February myself and 18 of my friends and family decided to go to the Amozonia, (recommendation from people here) and had a pretty horrible experience. Our group was NOT told that there was a set price for your meal, and the whole table was NOT told that you could just get the salad bar, which was not that great......a few of the group just got the salad bar, and the rest had the "whole meal"....5 of the girls drank water and the rest had 2 drinks a piece..the total bill...$1,100.00.....That's almost $60 a person, and some of my friends didn't get enough meat.....The meat WAS good, some of it was quite salty, I just felt deceived, and thought the price did not represent the food.

Heather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast