Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar

Aruba since 1979
    The unscrupulous can be found most anywhere in the world.
    As stella says, this was no mistake :-(
    There are people that think that ripping off others is acceptable.
    It is imperative that all consumers/customers on aruba and/or at restaurants in your own hometown to be your own advocate.
    Check your ticket to see the charge, the tax and the tip if added in.
    If it does not seem right, question it and if the answer is still not the answer that makes sense to you, bring it to the next level of management.

I am sure Amsterdam Manor food and beverage director would not be happy with this negative publicity.
    But, it is what it is and maybe that server that made the "rip off" will be held accountable.

disclosure..........my husband and i frequent Amsterdam Manor's beach Bar, Pool Bar and on occasion their restaurant MANGO.
    We like the service and products.
    We typically are customers at one of their bars at least 5 times per 14 day vacation.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-19-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Amy, I understand that 15% is charged automatically but this was no mistake and the server was questioned about it. This was a "rip off".
    Your initial post was questioning being out of touch with cost....but that is neither here nor there now according to your recent posts...

If what you have now stated is true, then you definitely need to bring your information and details about the incident (date, server's name, etc.) to the attention of Amsterdam Manor's mgmt. I am sure they would like to address the situation/issues as soon as possible. Speak to the people who can make a change if one needs to be made. Remember that detailed complaints should be made to the appropriate parties - the sooner the better - so that the situation can be taken care of and is not just a complaint on a bulletin board.

I believe you live in Aruba for part of the year, so call them, email them, or stop by to give them the details of the incident. If you want email addresses, phone numbers, and names of who to speak to, just send me a PM and I will give you those.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Dear Stella,
    We just read your review. We would like to investigate into this matter since this is unacceptable. Could you please let us know the date and the time you ordered your drink at our bar? Do you remember the name of the waiter or waitress? Thank you in advance. We hope to hear from you soon. Warm regards, Laura - Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Aruba since 1979
    Glad to read that AM is following up.
    As i said b4 my husband and i are frequent
    thirst quenchers there when we r on island.
    I am glad they reaponded to my request
    to look into this when i emailed them 2 days
    days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Glad to read that AM is following up.
    As i said b4 my husband and i are frequent
    thirst quenchers there when we r on island.
    I am glad they reaponded to my request
    to look into this when i emailed them 2 days
    days ago.
    Amsterdam Manor has been trying to find a way to reach Stella since her initial post. They, like many businesses who put their customer first, respond quickly when a matter such as this arises and is unacceptable. Kudos to all businesses who respond in this manner.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-22-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I have PMd Laura.

Aruba since 1979
    you really need to visit amsterdam manor michael.
    their beach bar is a very pleasant area.
    their pool bar is my favorite though.
    the bartender at the pool bar is a really cool guy, vincent mardenborough (aka vincent the limbo dancer and former activity director at the Aruba Grand)

paul and i have spent a fair amount of time sitting there, sipping our beverages and enjoying the quietness (we usually stay next door at our timeshare lacabana but like the AM better for nice quiet pre dinner drink as paying customers )

I am not sure your request will be answered Michael. Folks may just feel it is their own business. But u really should spent a happy hr or 2 there. It is quite nice.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-23-2012 at 01:55 AM.

I think it is a good practice to just always check receipts especially if you don't think the bill seems right. Perhaps, this was an honest error or may be not? We check our SC room charges all the time and have found countless charges that were incorrect. How many people just pay their hotel bill without checking all the charges?

Kudos to AM for trying to follow up and rectify situation.

People don't realize the power of the internet and especially this BB. Remember a few years ago the situation with Avis and the faulty internet prices/reservations? We pushed on this bb and Avis finally stood behind the reservations and we "won" that battle all due to the people writing things here.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i was thinkng the same thing re: avis.

so now this thread is closed/locked.
    it has run its course.
    stella and her friends are in touch with Amsterdam Manor.
    Amsterdam Manor has stepped up and has reached out to make things right.

i wrote a couple of days ago here "I am glad they reaponded to my request
    to look into this when i emailed them 2 days ago."

well, per a private message from a member, my email to AM did not cause AM to try to make this situation correct ....in other words they were not responding to my request. I am sorry I did not mean to imply that i was the one that caused AM to fix things. That was not my intent. My intent was to say that I was glad that AM stepped up and is trying to make things right.

for the record, whenever i see a complaint of some magnitude, i ALWAYS forward the thread link, by email to the owner/manager listed on their website. i feel it is important for the person in charge to see, and give their version and make restitution is needed.

nothing more nothing less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12