Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amuse Bistro (EXCELLENT!)

You know, sometimes everything comes together exactly right. Such was the experience at Amuse Bistro last night. Perfect weather, great food, friends, excellent service, the whole kit and koodle. So, a few details:

Started out with some generously poured glasses of wine and along comes a shot-glass size sample of the potato soup. Nice. Appetizers ranged from the escargots, to a chicken salad topped by a slice of crispy pancetta, and a goat cheese with red bell pepper atop a puff pastry with (get this!) sugared black olives. This chef is a pro and hitting his stride because all these dishes (amazing variety) were delicious. Moving along to the entrees (some of which we enjoyed in the appetizer size to conserve space for dessert)... we had the roast pork loin, lobster/shrimp linguine, and scallops. Again, all beautifully plated, presented, and ENJOYED by us. Wrapped up with some coffee, a brownie with red wine ice-cream, and chocolate mousse. What a way to go.

And the service! Professional. Knowledgeable about the food. Capable of keeping you happy without being pretentious. Aruba take note and study the staff here. They set the standard in my humble opinion. And isn't it the people that put the final touch on a great evening? Yes, that's true. The staff at Amuse Bistro did just that, and I thank them for the hospitality. I'll be back with friends old and new.

Finally, I must emphasize that this food is high quality, high end. The portions may seem small. I went with the appetizer size for two different selections and would do so again. The entree size is not huge as some may be expecting. However, the flavor and quality are absolutely a good value. During my future visits, I'm considering ordering up several different plates through two courses to share across the table because the variety is too tempting to pass.

Photos and more at the usual place.

http://bentpage.net/2012/07/28/amuse-bistro-aruba/

Also included is a photo of the menu so you can see the current menu/prices and so forth.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    dan thanks for posting

are the appetizer sized portions large enough to share?ex: if there were 4 of us, do you think ordering 8 apps would work?

everything looks delicious there.

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    You know, sometimes everything comes together exactly right. Such was the experience at Amuse Bistro last night. Perfect weather, great food, friends, excellent service, the whole kit and koodle. So, a few details:

Started out with some generously poured glasses of wine and along comes a shot-glass size sample of the potato soup. Nice. Appetizers ranged from the escargots, to a chicken salad topped by a slice of crispy pancetta, and a goat cheese with red bell pepper atop a puff pastry with (get this!) sugared black olives. This chef is a pro and hitting his stride because all these dishes (amazing variety) were delicious. Moving along to the entrees (some of which we enjoyed in the appetizer size to conserve space for dessert)... we had the roast pork loin, lobster/shrimp linguine, and scallops. Again, all beautifully plated, presented, and ENJOYED by us. Wrapped up with some coffee, a brownie with red wine ice-cream, and chocolate mousse. What a way to go.

And the service! Professional. Knowledgeable about the food. Capable of keeping you happy without being pretentious. Aruba take note and study the staff here. They set the standard in my humble opinion. And isn't it the people that put the final touch on a great evening? Yes, that's true. The staff at Amuse Bistro did just that, and I thank them for the hospitality. I'll be back with friends old and new.

Finally, I must emphasize that this food is high quality, high end. The portions may seem small. I went with the appetizer size for two different selections and would do so again. The entree size is not huge as some may be expecting. However, the flavor and quality are absolutely a good value. During my future visits, I'm considering ordering up several different plates through two courses to share across the table because the variety is too tempting to pass.

Photos and more at the usual place.

http://bentpage.net/2012/07/28/amuse-bistro-aruba/

Also included is a photo of the menu so you can see the current menu/prices and so forth.

Bon dia.

Andrea,

I think the appetizers could be shared. The photos you see in the post are mostly appetizer-size. Although, lately I've been cutting down on the size of my meals a little (exception being the Bandeja Paisa platter). Yeah, I think they would be good for sharing as you say.

Bon dia.

love amuse bistro..

Thanks Dan, you sure are making decision making difficult for me. Just when I think I've got it all planned you come up with another gem. Thanks for posting.

too small

I had eaten at Amuse in February,and found the food quality was good, however the portions are way too small. I feel you can get same food quality elsewhere, and receive the portion sizes you deserve and pay for. Like Barefoot, which IMO is the best dining experience in Aruba.

Schurssy

Where is Amuse Bistro? Thanks

Amuse Bistro is in front of the Playa Linda, on the south side. Just walk along the boulevard from Holiday Inn toward Hyatt and you'll see it on your right.

Bon dia.

SanNic I thoroughly enjoy your posts and blog. Your food and restaurant descriptions have been spot on with any recommendation you have made. Here's my dilemma, we're staying at the Divi AI yet I still like to go off resort and this upcoming trip I am celebrating my retirement. So because of your reviews I'm torn between White Modern and Amuse bistro. May have to try both!!!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 07-28-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Amuse Bistro has become our first night dinner on each of our last 2 trips and it always gets our week off to a good start. It is a really pleasant dining experience and it always seems "cool" (does it really ever get cool in Aruba?) while eating there. I am not a small guy and enjoy my food but I have never gone away hungry from a dinner there. As far as the number of plates to order, I think that depends on which dishes you end up with as some are richer and more filling than others. We have always received good guidance from our server who cautioned us not to over order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast