Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Amuse Bistro - October 2015

I'll put the negative out there right away: the ambiance needs A LOT of work - we came into the restaurant (first time) to a triangle layout... in one corner there was a screaming baby (I'll bet I was pretty cranky at that age if I was out for dinner at 9 pm), another corner had karaoke happening on the other side of the fence (I hope to god it was karaoke) and the third corner had a table of really loud (seriously: YELLING!!) people at it. We chose the loud table thinking they were almost done with their meal anyway. Little did we know that our table would face directly into the headlights of taxi SUVs letting people out at Playa Linda. Generally, it was like being interrogated by the FBI while you try and eat. They need to put a wall up to block that.

But the positive... the food was FANTASTIC! The Spouse had an appetizer of smoked duck breast ("...maybe the best thing I've eaten in Aruba"...) and for a main had the Herb Crusted Pork Loin (a winner) while I had the escargots for an app and a baked potato stuffed with lobster for a main (both were wonderful).

The service was wonderful: very attentive and accommodating - at one point, one of the waiters asked us if we wanted to move tables because yet another, even larger, loud table had landed after the first one left. The Spouse replied, "That's okay. We're enjoying being in this episode of 'Real Housewives'..." I thought the waiter was going to choke, he was laughing so hard.

All in all, the service and food definitely saved the poor location/ambiance. We'd go back but would be VERY careful about where we'd sit.

Two apps, two mains, two Grey Goose martinis and two Grey Goose and soda came to $162 USD (including tip).

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Little did we know that our table would face directly into the headlights of taxi SUVs letting people out at Playa Linda. Generally, it was like being interrogated by the FBI while you try and eat. They need to put a wall up to block that.
    That was the exact same table/area that we sat in first time we went there. Absolutely awful! Food/service is very good but you must be very careful where you sit. We learned our lesson the hard way.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I was wondering about that restaurant. I haven't seen a lot of reviews on it. Did you make a reservation or walk in,and maybe its best to go earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    I was wondering about that restaurant. I haven't seen a lot of reviews on it. Did you make a reservation or walk in,and maybe its best to go earlier?
    We called a few hours ahead... Low season!

Aruba since 1979
    glad that your dinners were fabulous.
    the rest of it is almost laughable.

we stopped in a couple of times in November and again in May to meet up with our friend Chris who works there.
    we sat at the bar and had a drink but never dined there.
    someday if we do, we will make sure of the seating situation.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'll put the negative out there right away: the ambiance needs A LOT of work - we came into the restaurant (first time) to a triangle layout... in one corner there was a screaming baby (I'll bet I was pretty cranky at that age if I was out for dinner at 9 pm), another corner had karaoke happening on the other side of the fence (I hope to god it was karaoke) and the third corner had a table of really loud (seriously: YELLING!!) people at it. We chose the loud table thinking they were almost done with their meal anyway. Little did we know that our table would face directly into the headlights of taxi SUVs letting people out at Playa Linda. Generally, it was like being interrogated by the FBI while you try and eat. They need to put a wall up to block that.

But the positive... the food was FANTASTIC! The Spouse had an appetizer of smoked duck breast ("...maybe the best thing I've eaten in Aruba"...) and for a main had the Herb Crusted Pork Loin (a winner) while I had the escargots for an app and a baked potato stuffed with lobster for a main (both were wonderful).

The service was wonderful: very attentive and accommodating - at one point, one of the waiters asked us if we wanted to move tables because yet another, even larger, loud table had landed after the first one left. The Spouse replied, "That's okay. We're enjoying being in this episode of 'Real Housewives'..." I thought the waiter was going to choke, he was laughing so hard.

All in all, the service and food definitely saved the poor location/ambiance. We'd go back but would be VERY careful about where we'd sit.

Two apps, two mains, two Grey Goose martinis and two Grey Goose and soda came to $162 USD (including tip).
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-21-2015 at 03:45 PM.