Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Amuse Sunset Restaurant Aruba

We were shocked Monday night when we walked to the hi-rise strip & found Chef Patrick had moved (we were just here last May), but delighted to learn we can now enjoy his food without all the car & foot traffic. We went to the new location last night; same wonderful menu & a more enjoyable location.

The old Marandi (2nd location). Past the airport, turn right at the General Aviation sign. Amuse has direction signs mounted directly under the general aviation signs; very easy & stress free to get to.

We shared the lobster bisque and appetizer size (all available as full entrees) of the scallops, lightly spicy shrimp and the lobster & pasta. And the creme brulee is STILL the best I've ever had. As always, it was a taste bud adventure. That is one of the things we love about Amuse; the ability to order appetizer size of several entrees and enjoy all the different flavors and textures.

We've been Chef Patrick fans since the old days when the Flying Fishbone (Have been there in years) had a day spa.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

I'm so on the fence. I really want to try some new to us restaurants but the food at Amuse was so good, I can o ly imagine how nice it is at sunset. Just not sure about justifying the taxi ride this trip, so I may wait till next year. This is one of those businesses I really want to succeed.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Thank you Chef. We look forward to trying the new location.

Tracey... you don't rent a car? So cheap these days. $200 for 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    Tracey... you don't rent a car? So cheap these days. $200 for 7 days.
    We don't want to have to choose a designated driver. We like to have cocktails and don't want to take any chances. We will have a car for 1-2 days so we may fit this in.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I'm so on the fence. I really want to try some new to us restaurants but the food at Amuse was so good, I can o ly imagine how nice it is at sunset. Just not sure about justifying the taxi ride this trip, so I may wait till next year. This is one of those businesses I really want to succeed.
    I say go for it Tracey! Chef even mentioned the good deal they have set up, 40 bucks round trip is certainly justified in this case!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I say go for an early ish dinner, sunset during dessert and then head back to your resort area for cocktails. It's totally worth it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I'm on the fence too. We are not renting a car because we are staying at Renaissance the first week and we will be walking to all of the downtown restaurants. I've heard people who stay at Renaissance complain that when they go out at night that they can't find a parking space when they come back. I know that there was a special taxi fare when they first opened but I doubt that will still be the case six weeks from now. We may rent a car for a day or two when we move to Costa Linda for the second week. I was thinking that we might try Flying Fishbone since we've never been there, but I've read a lot of reviews that say that Barefoot is better. We go to Barefoot every year.

They have a new video on their website showing their setting. http://www.amusearuba.com/

Looking forward to trying it in October.

Oh how I wish they were closer to where I stay. I don't see me taking a cab there and we never rent a car at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast