Ate at Mark68s CAFE CAPRI
on the same road just a few yards past Amadeus.
Nightclub inside with great live music, djs and very good mixed drinks.
Outside is the cafe eating area.......pleasant, delicious, inexpensive meals.
It was just paul and I and we had a mixed grill YUMMY and chicken sate...yummy and we shared!
with a group of 4 friends.
Paul and I LOVED it.
paul had chicken schnitzel
i had filet mignon toronedos
both with a nice mushroom sauce
both with grilled veggies
both with mashed potatoes
2 iced teas
our portion of the bill was $75 including the tip.
our friends were unhappy with their service and a mix up on an order of a veal chop and other things.......these things made it not great for them.
will try to make it there next week again.
aug 10 tuesday
MATTHEWS at Casa Del Mar
2 folks in our party had the ribs and tell us it was delicious.
another had the chicken parm and said delicious.
another had the lasagna and said the same!
lora and i had marghreta pizza.
lora had no complaints re: her pizza and mine was ok too.
service was terrific.
unfortunately i will not be dining there again........i NEED air conditioning and i was too uncomfortably hot.
it was not a pleasant experience for me.
still not wild about the service charge automatically being added in.
we did tip extra as the service was terrific.
Hi Andrea - we just got back from Aruba last night. We tried to meet up with you at the happy hour Amsterdam Manor on Monday but we arrived probably too late. We got there at 6:20 and asked around but couldn’t find anybody from the BBL
I'd like to share some restaurants we dined at so you could have an insider’s view!
- Number one HANDS down was Wacky Wahoo's!!!! I had the BEST fish dinner I've ever had anywhere in the world. I ate their special of the night which was Red Snapper. It was out of this world! My wife had the maui maui which was VERY good but not as good as the snapper. Prices were good.
- Amadeus - which you already dinned at. Chicken and pork schnitzel (outstanding) prices very good!
- Chiefs Tables - very good. I had the tuna steak (very good) and my wife had a pasta dish with cut up filet mignon (she loved it). Prices good. If you take a cab they call one for you afterwards and take 10 dollars off your bill.
- Old Man and the Sea - very romantic. I had the filet mignon (not good very fatty throughout) complained to the management. They DID nothing! Wife had a pasta dish. She liked it but was just ok. The chicken was very dry in her dish.
- Marandi - very romantic not that pricy. I had the fish of the day dish. Sea bass and grouper (Delicious) the wife had a tuna steak. They served 2- 8 once tuna steaks. Too much for her to eat. I highly recommend the appetizer tuna sushi style that’s marinated 24 hours in like a pepper seasoning. This was absolutely delicious!!!! I would go there again just for this!
- Charly’s bar – GREAT lunch! Grilled maui maui
- Papillion - We heard their sea bass was good here. So we both ordered this dish. What a disappointment. This was our first nights dinner. My bad I should have sent them back. The way they prepared the fish is in pie like filling that is baked. We realize now that we both do not like baked fish. The worst part the sea bass was very fishy tasting. Again, my bad for not complaining but what can I say it was our first night and were caught up in the moment and didn’t want to complain!!! Pricy
So that’s it, just a quick run down.
We are off to pick up the kids and to go on a secondary vacation with them.
No internet where we are going so I will not be able to respond until Sunday evening.
Please keep all of us informed of your trip.
SOOOOOOOOOO jealous you are there and we are back in the states! Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!!
airconditioning could have been stronger
we were HOT
paul and i each had grouper.
sherry had the snapper and shrimp special.
murray had the wahoo
lora had the swordfish
doug had a stew of immense proportions.
we all liked our dinners
presentation was excellent
service was good.
the air temperature made us uncomfortable.
would go again and request to sit under an ac vent!
the place was packed!