Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anna maria

Anna Marias

Have heard good things about it, but I've also heard it's hard to get a table. Does anybody have a phone #.

Aruba since 1979
    see post #19 on this thread

Phone # is 297 586-2833.

andrea
    QUOTE=Bart;171475]Have heard good things about it, but I've also heard it's hard to get a table. Does anybody have a phone #.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what happens when the wife starts telling me what to ask and I don't read every thing. But it was going to be my fault any way!

Aruba since 1979
    bart,
    as a wife ..... i say READ!
    and when you are done reading, i say
    read some more!!!!

so many of the questions here can be answered just by reading the aruba.com website

one can enter a keyword such as restaurants in the search menu on the left.

BUSTERS SPORTS BAR, CAFE CAPRI, MJ's, 080, Bugaloe, Amadeus
    I went last week and the presentation, taste and atmosphere was all great. The wine list is limited but was told you could bring your own bottle. If you do go, make sure you ask Christian for his opinion as he will come out and speak to the customers in between meals. Just a side note, you should make reservations as they can only handle a few tables eating at the same time (neighbor Dave waiter, husband/wife cooking) and allow approx. 2-3 hours of a nice relaxing nite of dining. Directions, Ana Marie is located on the same road as Del Rey Apartments, this is a side road off of 2B just North of Cafe 080. No sign in front of house but large house on the right with large iron gates, exactly 7 houses on the right after you pass Del Rey apartments and large empty lot next to house.

anna maria

We ate at Anna Maria's last night. Four people, we preordered the paella and it was very good. The second time we ate here and we loved it. The service is very good and the ambiance is great. Relax and enjoy the experience. It will take 2- 2 1/2 hrs. consider it a dining experience. We were treated like guests in someones home. Not too many people, they seem to keep it manageable.

Thumbs up One of the best restaurants on the island

We went to Anna-Maria's last night for dinner and had a wonderful experience!!

Food: fresh, delicious, flavor-ful and nothing scaled about it. Each dish prepared per order! We had linguini with clams and frutti de mare as the main entrees. We had tomatoes w/ mozarella as appetizers. Everything was fantastic

Service: Very personable. David, our waiter explained the history of the restaurant. Christian, the owner, came out to chat with us. We were very pleased with our experience. They were absolutely accommodating! On a side note, I was feeling ill from a previous food experience earlier in the day (not from Anna Maria's) and David prescribed me a concoction to help me feel better and it worked! Christian, the owner, called our hotel today to check up on me. Who does that??? We are loyal to Anna-Maria's for life!

Location: Beautiful and clean facility. Very intimate with about 15 tables in Christian and Anna Maria's backyard. Very roomy. Blooming gardens with hanging orchids. It's off the main strip, but only 6 minutes from Marriott Surf Club or $8 cab ride. Completely worth it! Kamay 25 M is the location. David will call the cab to come pick you up after your meal.

Zee Best

Quote Originally Posted by anh_phil View Post
    We went to Anna-Maria's last night for dinner and had a wonderful experience!!

Food: fresh, delicious, flavor-ful and nothing scaled about it. Each dish prepared per order! We had linguini with clams and frutti de mare as the main entrees. We had tomatoes w/ mozarella as appetizers. Everything was fantastic

Service: Very personable. David, our waiter explained the history of the restaurant. Christian, the owner, came out to chat with us. We were very pleased with our experience. They were absolutely accommodating! On a side note, I was feeling ill from a previous food experience earlier in the day (not from Anna Maria's) and David prescribed me a concoction to help me feel better and it worked! Christian, the owner, called our hotel today to check up on me. Who does that??? We are loyal to Anna-Maria's for life!

Location: Beautiful and clean facility. Very intimate with about 15 tables in Christian and Anna Maria's backyard. Very roomy. Blooming gardens with hanging orchids. It's off the main strip, but only 6 minutes from Marriott Surf Club or $8 cab ride. Completely worth it! Kamay 25 M is the location. David will call the cab to come pick you up after your meal.
    Just wanted to add to the above comments. We were a party of 15 in July and had awesome time. They set up one large table for us. We sent Chris an email with the following comments:

·Excellent concept – something we will never see in the United States
    ·Very personalized service from both you and Anna-Maria (and obviously David - the waiter). It was great to talk with the chefs
    ·The meals were great – comments such as the best pasta, the fish was great, excellent cannoli
    ·David was an excellent server and was funny and entertaining. His sangria was awesome, everyone raved about it. “The best on the Island” was one of the comments

Reservations are needed ahead of time so call Chris (586.2833 or his cell: 592.3857) or email him. His email address is "aranopas(at)hotmail.com" (sorry had to do the email address that way at=@) Please tell him Bob and Claire sent you and to say hi for us.

Anna-Maria's

We went to Anna-Maria's located at Kamary 25-M Noord 297 586-2833. We enjoyed are meal and the waiter Dave is funny and knowledgable. Chris made are meal to order. We will be back next year and Chris will be one of the first call to get a reservation.

Anna-Marie’s was our restaurant find of this years Aruba trip and what a special find it was. Chris and Anna-Marie personally create 5-star Italian dishes from their private kitchen and served them on the outdoor patio at their home. David their neighbor and only waiter is entreating, speaks 5 languages’ and spent 2+ years on the wait staff at Tavern and the Green in NYC Central Park so our service was excellent.

We shared the calamari appetizer, fresh, perfectly prepared and with an incredibly dipping sauce unlike anything we have ever had. David said it was a family recipe Anna-Marie had brought with her from Sicily. Our pasta entrees were both perfectly prepared and again fresh. And our shared dessert was just as wonderful.

For anyone one that remembers the dining experience at Madame Jennette's cira 2000 or 2001 when their dining experience lasted 2-1/2 to 3 hours and each plate was individually prepared by the head chef, you will love the dining experience at Anna-Marie's. We were there for 2-1/2 wonderful, un-rushed hours.

Seating is limited (8 tables maybe) and the night we were there they only had 3 reservations. We love intimate, un-crowded, fine dining experiences and this was exactly that. 1-Glass of wine, 1-appetizer, 2-entrees, 2-coffees and 1-dessert; total bill $85 plus tip.
    Last edited by jdoll; 10-31-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast