Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anna maria

We generally avoid Italian food other than pizza in Aruba because a) we find they are not as good as the Italian retaurants at home and b) there are so many great continental, seafood, and local cuisine restaurants in Aruba that we never have enough days to hit them all. However, I will definitely give Anna Maria's a try when we are back in July as it sounds like a perfect night out.

Aruba since 1979
    re: critiques and commentaries

this is a forum.
    all members need to be able to feel comfortable posting their opinions.....without fear of being criticized, made fun of, minimized etc...

i want us to remember that all correspondence here in restaurant reviews are OPINIONS.

NO ONE should be made to feel awkward about posting.

We welcome all opinions.

With all due respect Andrea, I don't feel/find that anyone has been disresctful on this thread? I don't think if someone posts an opinion others can not comment on it. Of course, providing they do it in a respectful manner.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    With all due respect Andrea, I don't feel/find that anyone has been disresctful on this thread? I don't think if someone posts an opinion others can not comment on it. Of course, providing they do it in a respectful manner.
    Randi, she was not saying that. I think you mistook Andrea's sentiments.

As a moderator, she is trying to reinforce that diners are free to criticize, but restaurateurs are free as well to respond. Not all forums are like this one and the ATA wishes everyone to to have their say as long as it falls with the rules of the forum.

She was not calling anyone out, simply reminding everyone of the rules, and to just keep it civil.

Aruba since 1979
    exactly.

folks need to know that ALL opinions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Randi, she was not saying that. I think you mistook Andrea's sentiments.

As a moderator, she is trying to reinforce that diners are free to criticize, but restaurateurs are free as well to respond. Not all forums are like this one and the ATA wishes everyone to to have their say as long as it falls with the rules of the forum.

She was not calling anyone out, simply reminding everyone of the rules, and to just keep it civil.

Point well taken!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

First-time Dinner Planned for 12/2010

Hi. My wife and I will be returning to Aruba for our third time and we are planning to have dinner at Anna Maria's. We first heard about this hidden gem during our second trip. We are looking for any words of advice anyone might want to share with us before we experience our first dinner at Anna Maria's. Thanks, Adam.

Aruba since 1979
    hello surreal

welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by all2surreal View Post
    Hi. My wife and I will be returning to Aruba for our third time and we are planning to have dinner at Anna Maria's. We first heard about this hidden gem during our second trip. We are looking for any words of advice anyone might want to share with us before we experience our first dinner at Anna Maria's. Thanks, Adam.
    -Set aside 2-1/2 to 3 hrs
    -The calamari is fresh and prepared correctly but the dipping sauce Anna Marie makes makes it incredible.
    -Ask for recommendations.
    -Treat it not as a restaurant experience as much as a dining experience on Chris, Anna Maria's and Davids patio. They are part of the whole experience.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Excellent! Thanks!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast