Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anna maria

We just got back from Aruba and one of the highlights of our trip was Anna-Maria's! We had made our reservations the week before we left by emailing Chris. He was super nice and helpful! My husband is Italian-American, and he is very discerning about Italian food. Even though they have an extensive menu, they are also very accommodating with "mixing and matching" items. For example, DH wanted the gnocchi but also a meat with it, so he got the chicken parm with gnocchi and a bolognese sauce on the gnocchi. I also got the chicken parm and included an order of ravioli. We also got the bruschetta and a spinach-ricotta crepes for appetizers. Everything was great! DH LOVED the food, especially the gnocchi. For dessert, I got this flan-creme brulee type dish (I forgot its name) that was fantastic and DH got the cannoli -- Chris came out and said they had just made the cream filling, and DH could definitely taste it! The shell was crunchy and the filling amazing.

Overall, we loved the setting of Anna-Maria's and it's small, family-like atmosphere. It was so great to not be in a big restaurant surrounded by tons of other people, and I think Chris has a true gem with Anna-Maria's. We told at least 6 other people about Anna-Maria's before we'd even left Aruba, and we have friends going to Aruba soon that we gave Chris's card to. We will definitely be back on our next trip!

Smile

Jim, My wife and I did Anna Mirias for the first time. It was very good but make sure you have over 2 hours to kill. We tried to speed things up and we were still there 2 hours. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Banned
    I have Anna Maria's business card in front of me. I've never been, but I hear it's wonderful. We were unable to get reservations on our last trip (early Feb). Address is Kamay 25-M in Noord. Phone 297-586-2833....email aranopas@hotmailc.om. Let us know your opinion of the experience.

Aruba since 1979
    mark68 says "Just a side note, you should make reservations as they can only handle a few tables eating at the same time (neighbor Dave waiter, husband/wife cooking) and allow approx. 2-3 hours of a nice relaxing nite of dining."

so my conclusion is that it is not rushed and if one is in a hurry anna maria's is not the place for you.
    my opinion on timing...........
    2- 3 hours is not my idea of fun.
    if we were with a group, maybe........i prefer and hour and a half or less.
    i get kind of antsy and have to be moving around

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    I went last week and the presentation, taste and atmosphere was all great. The wine list is limited but was told you could bring your own bottle. If you do go, make sure you ask Christian for his opinion as he will come out and speak to the customers in between meals. Just a side note, you should make reservations as they can only handle a few tables eating at the same time (neighbor Dave waiter, husband/wife cooking) and allow approx. 2-3 hours of a nice relaxing nite of dining. Directions, Ana Marie is located on the same road as Del Rey Apartments, this is a side road off of 2B just North of Cafe 080. No sign in front of house but large house on the right with large iron gates, exactly 7 houses on the right after you pass Del Rey apartments and large empty lot next to house.

Smile

Christian, I have no reason to not tell the truth. We came to eat there for the first time. The food was great! When the waiter come to ask any questions, we said we are ready to order because we are the type of people who like to eat and then get back to our place for the evening. He then said the door bell rang so he would be right back to take our order. 20 minutes later he came back and we were the only 2 there. When he came with the bill my wife had her credit card out and handed it to him. He put the bill down and left without taking the card. It was 30 minutes till he took it and brought it back because I looked at my watch and told my wife we just killed 2 hours. I am not trying to say bad things about your place. I am just being honest with the board members because they need to know that they should allow plenty of time to dine here. Alot of people like to take their time but we are not like that so maybe we need to stick with the drive thru places. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

LCO

Thumbs down Anna Maria's a dissapointment

We have been visiting Aruba for 23 years, and our meal at Anna Maria's on March 30 was horrible, the worst dinner to date.The wait staff was condescending, announcing to me after saying muchas gracias, that "they are not that type of people". The food didn't even approach edible. The lasagna was mushy with mushy peas, the linguini undercooked, the salt content way too high, and the grouper floating in oil! The sangria was good, but after waiting 45 minutes for a cocktail and over 2 hours for our dinner, it needed to be fantastic. I woke up the next day swollen from the high salt content and hungry since I could not eat my meal the night before. This was our farewell dinner in Aruba this trip and what a dissappointment. Flying home the next day, I selected the vegetable lasagna for my meal on AA, and it was better than Anna Maria's. If you want a fantastic Italian meal, go to Sole Mare!

Baby Beach, the Lighthouse, downtown Oranjestad, the beach at Aruba Beach Club, golf at Divi Liniks.
    We were just at Anna Maria's mid-March. It was great...the setting is awesome. Beautiful home. The food was good. I had a pasta dish with homemade meatballs. My husband had the 4 cheese ravioli. I liked his better than my own. The sauce was a little bland on mine (I like a little more spice so asked for some cracked red pepper to add). The prices weren't bad. Cocktails are $10. but beer and wine are reasonable. Would definitely go back. Was disappointed that our waiter took a picture of us but it was blurry so had to delete. They have an awesome mural on the back wall I would've liked to have gotten a picture of. Oh well, next time.

Does anyone have a menu??

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    We have been visiting Aruba for 23 years, and our meal at Anna Maria's on March 30 was horrible, the worst dinner to date.The wait staff was condescending, announcing to me after saying muchas gracias, that "they are not that type of people". The food didn't even approach edible. The lasagna was mushy with mushy peas, the linguini undercooked, the salt content way too high, and the grouper floating in oil! The sangria was good, but after waiting 45 minutes for a cocktail and over 2 hours for our dinner, it needed to be fantastic. I woke up the next day swollen from the high salt content and hungry since I could not eat my meal the night before. This was our farewell dinner in Aruba this trip and what a dissappointment. Flying home the next day, I selected the vegetable lasagna for my meal on AA, and it was better than Anna Maria's. If you want a fantastic Italian meal, go to Sole Mare!
    Hmmm, I have to say that having been to Anna-Maria's four time I find your report surprising . The staff are extremely warm and friendly. Not only with us but I observed Chris and Dave with others and they are wonderful. Not saying that, perhaps you didn't have a meal that met your standards but your comments about the staff, I believe to be way off base.

Last edited by Randi; 04-04-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: per discussion with lisa, a comment has been edited by me.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    from what i know they do not have a website or a menu posted anywhere.

seems to me that since it is a smaller style place, they'd have the time to at least have a basic website with menu AND driving directions.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    Does anyone have a menu??

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast