Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: anna maria

Smile anna maria

I'm surprised there is not much talk of anna maria restaurant. It is a new Italian restaurant in the north end past the marriot. All the cab drivers know how to get there. It is a private residence You'd never find it on your own. once inside it is gorgeous. My wife and I went in nov. and have reservations for march can't wait to go back.

Aruba since 1979

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Four of us ate at Anna Maria tonight.

As stated, the restaurant is located in a home in Noord. The restaurant area at the back of the home is very well decorated and provides seating for about 30 people.

Dinner for my wife and me and our daughter and SIL was outstanding. The best meal I've eaten in some time-anywhere.

You have to want pasta as there is little that isn't served with pasta.

There were three different appetizers at the table, a lightly battered and fried shrimp dish with a 'special sauce', fried calamari with the same sauce and a crepe filled with ricotta and spinach and topped with a tomato sauce. The shrimp was super, the calamiri was great, crispy and tender. I didn't taste the crepe but it got a good review too.

My spaghetti carbonara was the best I've ever had. It was rich and delicious.
    My wife and SIL had pasta with shrimp and fresh basil and both loved it. Our daughter had grouper and salad that she said was very good.

Deserts were equally good - cappucino, espresso, canolo, profiteroles, and a confection made with chocolate, almonds, pistachios and ice cream.

All in all a great meal for all.

Service was also very good.

One negative note. I felt some of the wine prices were high based on Aruba supermarket prices.

I don't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great pasta meal.

Christian came out and visited our table and others.

Go there for dinner. You won't regret it.