Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions Please

  1. #1
    Member brph26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61

    Question Anniversary Dinner Suggestions Please

    We will be staying at the Tamarijn AI in September, celebrating our 10th anniversary. This is also where we honeymooned

    However, we were thinking of splurging one night and going out of the AI to celebrate with dinner. Can anyone suggest some really great restaurants? We more than likely would be ordering seafood. Sometimes the DH will get steak or chicken though.

    Also, is the best suggestion for transportation to and from the resort to use a taxi, or what would you all recommend?

    Oh, and one other question....does anyone know if the Tam serves iced coffee? Or know of any nearby place that would? I'm pretty addicted to the stuff, and not sure I can go that many days without it! lol
    Last edited by brph26; 04-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Chrisvec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Posts
    262
    Passions gets my nod. Awesome view of the sun set. Table in the sand. Music and great food. Very romantic.
    9th trip to Aruba in

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    Dunkin donut is right up the street from the Tamarijn and they have iced coffee!!

    Windows on Aruba has wonderful food and it is right across the street from the Tamarijn and the Tamarijn guests can get a discount or voucher for an up charge of $30 or $35 to dine at Windows.
    You can walk there or take the shuttle that is provided.




    Another great dining experience is at Pinchos approx $20 taxi fare each way.
    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    We will be staying at the Tamarijn AI in September, celebrating our 10th anniversary. This is also where we honeymooned
    However, we were thinking of splurging one night and going out of the AI to celebrate with dinner. Can anyone suggest some really great restaurants? We more than likely would be ordering seafood. Sometimes the DH will get steak or chicken though.

    Also, is the best suggestion for transportation to and from the resort to use a taxi, or what would you all recommend?

    Oh, and one other question....does anyone know if the Tam serves iced coffee? Or know of any nearby place that would? I'm pretty addicted to the stuff, and not sure I can go that many days without it! lol

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    Windows on Aruba

    check out this thread above, click link, page 3 of the thread is most recent.
    the surcharge is $35
    arubalisa and her family love Windows on Aruba.

    If you choose to go to a restaurant that requires a taxi, why not rent a car for those 24 hours and sneak in a visit to alto vista chapel, lighthouse, baby beach etc.. kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    Passions gets my nod. Awesome view of the sun set. Table in the sand. Music and great food. Very romantic.
    Passions is our favorite as well for a special dinner. It's an easy 5 minute taxi ride from the Tam.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-11-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  6. #6
    jaw
    jaw is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Beaches
    Posts
    128
    My suggestion would be Barefoot or Mirandi. Both require some travel time. Suggest arriving before 6 to enjoy the sunset.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Barefoot hands down
    waterfront dining with sunset
    great food and service

  8. #8
    Member brph26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    These all sound like great suggestions. Will need to get my research on now!

    I love DD iced coffee. Good to know it's close! lol

    When we were there in 2003, we went to a honeymoon dinner as part of our stay at the Tam. Had a wonderful sunset (as seen in my profile pic), but for the life of me, I can't remember where it was or what it was called. I couldn't tell you what we ate either. The sunset was awesome though and the beach there was beautiful!

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    it was the sunset beach restaurant at the phoenix
    we were there in 2003 also, not honeymoon but just for dinner/sunset for an anniversary.
    the meal was so-so but the sunset was beautiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    These all sound like great suggestions. Will need to get my research on now!

    I love DD iced coffee. Good to know it's close! lol

    When we were there in 2003, we went to a honeymoon dinner as part of our stay at the Tam. Had a wonderful sunset (as seen in my profile pic), but for the life of me, I can't remember where it was or what it was called. I couldn't tell you what we ate either. The sunset was awesome though and the beach there was beautiful!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-11-2013 at 09:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Depends on your priorities. If you want an extraordinary meal with unbeatable European type service, there is no place better than Chalet Suisse. Take a cab. If you want a romantic outdoor venue where you can watch the sunset/eat on the beach, see above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO