Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Any one heard of Bavaria Food & Beer

Found some great reviews, yet I never heard of it. I was also interested in the small restaurant in Amedus, heard wide range of reviews. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Bavaria is located next to Wendy's and Sawasdee in the Palm Beach area.
    http://www.bavaria-aruba.com/home.html

We've been to Amadeus several times and loved the food and atmosphere there. Plan on going again next week when I'm back in Aruba.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy thanks for all your info. I am surprised we never ran into each other. I go to Aruba 3 times a yr now. For a total of 6 wks. I love German food, think I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by arubaswim View Post
    Amy thanks for all your info. I am surprised we never ran into each other. I go to Aruba 3 times a yr now. For a total of 6 wks. I love German food, think I will give it a try.
    What times of year do you usually go? We usually go late April/early May and then again in mid/late Sept. to first week of Oct.

Let me know what you think of Bavaria if you try it. It's not going to make "my list" for this trip. Too many places, not enough time (as usual.)
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda

German Food

Quote Originally Posted by arubaswim View Post
    If you love German food, I am told by locals that you should absolutely try Amedeus, the German/Austrian restaurant near Tanki Leendert. My friends go there for the schnitzel frequently, and swear by it.

I believe Bavaria is owned by the same Dutch gentleman that also runs the Thai place (Sawadee) next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NealNearNorth View Post
    If you love German food, I am told by locals that you should absolutely try Amedeus, the German/Austrian restaurant near Tanki Leendert. My friends go there for the schnitzel frequently, and swear by it.

I believe Bavaria is owned by the same Dutch gentleman that also runs the Thai place (Sawadee) next to it.

I guess Bavaria is them more like German Inspired Food then

German Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by NealNearNorth View Post

Hi Neal,
    Amadeus has nice food but is NO German restaurant. As Kasi of Madam Janet mentioned, Bavaria is the German Restaurant on the island. Come and try !

We went to Bavaria a couple of times back in May - and plan to go again in November. If you want great authentic German food - this is the place to go. They have many types of German beers - served ice cold in BIG frosty mugs, and food is outstanding!!!

The place has both outside seating and inside seating – with the feeling of a German Beer Hall, along with some good German music playing. What Peter can't get on Aruba – he gets shipped from Germany, only getting the best.They have a very nice menu with many German sausages (that I will try next month) and authentic dishes. We had a couple of different Scnitzels... Deb had JeagerSchnizel (mushroom/onion gravy was awesome) and I had another Schnitzel with a lot of onions on top. Both were tender and cooked to perfection!. A lot of great flavors going on. Their homemade potato pancakes are outstanding, along with the spaetzel and red cabbage.

Of course, driving by one night we stopped in again and I had a few more of those big ice-cold German Beers – which is the best on a warm night!! Talked to Peter, the owner who is definitely customer-oriented and puts out some great food!
    The only thing that moves fast on Aruba is the wind