Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Anyone going to Zeerovers any time soon?

Your help is needed to find out what type of oil Zeerovers uses for frying. I'm a vegetarian (I do eat fish) and want to know if this eatery uses vegetable shortening or lard to fry their fish. Will be coming to Aruba at the end of November so I'm hoping someone out there can find this out for me. Thanks in advance, guys!

Smile Don't miss Zee Rover waiting on someone to go with!

Too bad I didn't see your post until now....went there with a couple from Mass that we met on the sunset sail Sunday evening...Bill & Ann. What a great experience. If you're looking for local flair Zee Rover is the place! Simple, EXTREMELY friendly, and very inexpensive....and the food was great! Don't miss it Oh...BTW...they fry in peanut oil.

YES!! Yay for peanut oil...just what I was hoping to hear! Thanks jwkoon0

Smile

I know you won't know who to believe but I just made a special trip there for you, since I stay really close to here. The chef told me about 1 hour ago that they use vegetable oil and they change it everyday. They are also closed on Mondays. A great place to eat!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Awww, Kent, so sweet of you to go the extra mile for me....thanks. Vegetable or peanut oil works for me...just as long as it's not lard! And, since you were just there, do you recall if there are any steps between the parking area and the pier? Wondering if it's wheelchair accessible?

kent, you my friend are one hell of a guy!!!!!!

The people on this forum are incredible! What a nice gesture to help someone out. Just like the island we love to visit (friendly and caring)!

arubamarty, there is a ramp from the bar/dining area to the pier, it may be a bit steep but you will be able to get a wheelchair down to the pier.

Smile

Yes the ramp is very steep but I think the cooks are right there and they could help you out. You want to be carefull because at the bottom of the ramp is the ocean.

Thanks Ricky!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017