Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anything close during September 19th to 26th?

Just was thinking I've never come to the island during this time before...

Do any tourist attractions or restaurants close at this time?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Chef's Table Resaurant was closed for vacation last year in Sept. Chalet Suisse will be closed this year Aug. 31-Sept. 23.

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL View Post
    Just was thinking I've never come to the island during this time before...

Do any tourist attractions or restaurants close at this time?
    We go to Aruba every year for a couple of weeks in late Sept. Once in awhile a restaurant might be closed for vacation but hasn't happened much in the past. This year the elections will be held in late Sept. so there will be one "dry day" on the island when everyone votes and alot of bars won't be seving alcohol to locals (some will not serve alcohol at all on that day.) All of the touristy bars at and around the hotels are definitely serving though. We were there during the last election period (Sept. 2005.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I almost broke into a sweat reading that one!
    Didn't mean to scare ya!

There will still be plenty of places that will be serving the tourists so not to worry. I just remember my friends went to Pincho's that night for dinner and they were "dry". We opted for a place around the hotels (I MUST have wine with my dinner! )
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Banned
    I almost broke into a sweat reading that one!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We go to Aruba every year for a couple of weeks in late Sept. Once in awhile a restaurant might be closed for vacation but hasn't happened much in the past. This year the elections will be held in late Sept. so there will be one "dry day" on the island when everyone votes and alot of bars won't be seving alcohol to locals (some will not serve alcohol at all on that day.) All of the touristy bars at and around the hotels are definitely serving though. We were there during the last election period (Sept. 2005.)

Thanks everyone! Booked it and then was paranoid a lot of things would be closed since we don't normally go that time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Chef's Table Resaurant was closed for vacation last year in Sept. Chalet Suisse will be closed this year Aug. 31-Sept. 23.

arghhhh i spent many a days trying to decide if I want to add this to our weeks places. Finally decided about two weeks ago. (are you kidding me)

im trying to get skinny here for my vacation and looking at menus again to come up with a new place just cant do it-----

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    Hey AMY~ How soon will you know the date of the dry day? Gotta have my Brown Ladies everyday. Does this include pool bars like at CDM - Matthews?

I know the feeling on the menu looking. I looked at around 50 menus last night and ate 3 bags of "100 calorie cookies" in the process.........

Quote Originally Posted by CasaHappy View Post
    Hey AMY~ How soon will you know the date of the dry day? Gotta have my Brown Ladies everyday. Does this include pool bars like at CDM - Matthews?

I know the feeling on the menu looking. I looked at around 50 menus last night and ate 3 bags of "100 calorie cookies" in the process.........
    Not sure of the actual date for the election yet. I just know it's in late Sept.

No, this won't have any effect whatsoever on hotel bars, hotel restaurants, etc. so you can have as many Brown Ladys as you like on the "dry day" as long as you stay at a hotel bar or a touristy restaurant!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Chef's Table Resaurant was closed for vacation last year in Sept.
    I would be extremely bummed out if it were closed while we were there. We had nothing less than a delicious meal there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast