Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Aruba Flag and Anthem Day - March 18

Aruba Flag and Anthem Day - March 18

I see that Sunday is a holiday in Aruba. I will be arriving that day. Are there any issues or concerns (closures, etc) with traveling through downtown that day?

Aruba since 1979
    this is all i found using the search in the upper right hand corner above "book your vacation"

i would imagine that all will be on its usual "closed" sunday schedule but i have no idea about if the grocery stores will be open even for their morrning til 1 or 2 pm schedule. as of now lings' website is not updated for the 18th of march.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ling-...349382?sk=wall

lings has a facebook site.
    they may list any changes to their hours of operation on their facebook site.
    there is no mention of it on their regular website.

downtown might be congested with the celebration on the plaza.
    ABOUT NATIONAL ANTHEM AND FLAG DAY
    A strong sense of pride is displayed each year as Arubans celebrate their 'status Aparte” and the Flag and Anthem Day. An impressive folkloric production marking the holiday is held each year on Plaza Betico Croes in Oranjestad. This official holiday also features many sporting events and games throughout the island for kids and adults
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    I see that Sunday is a holiday in Aruba. I will be arriving that day. Are there any issues or concerns (closures, etc) with traveling through downtown that day?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-12-2012 at 07:52 AM.

There will be a big Harley Davidson ride around the Island with more than 500 bikes guided by the police.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    we will be there..last year there was a small parade outside the ren ocean suites and we checked out that day at noon and couldn't get a cab to the airport from the ocean suites..they took us over to the ren marina on their golf cart and we got a cab over there that had to go around back of hotel down main street as if you were going to el gaucho and use the back roads to the airport..the street right in front of the ren marina was closed all morning due to the parade..it wasn't that bad but the parade made up for it..depending what time you get in the street might be opened by then..
    scott and tricia

Aruba since 1979
    reply to me from LINGS grocery store

Dear Andrea, on flag day we will be closed. Our store on Monday march 19 where we will be open from 8 a.m till 8. p.m. Also I would like to remind you about our 3% Discount day on Tuesday & 3% discount day for seniors on wednesday on cash purchases of 50 awg and up!

QUOTE=rpumpire;221031]I see that Sunday is a holiday in Aruba. I will be arriving that day. Are there any issues or concerns (closures, etc) with traveling through downtown that day?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Andrea.

I was more concerned about activities downtown and whether traffic would be a problem with road closures, etc.

Good to know about the Tuesday discount at Ling's. I typically go on Monday, but I'll have to re-think that.