Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Exclamation Aruba Restaurant, Food & Dining Guide

I noticed that many posters ask about restaurants. The exclusive ones, or reasonable, are there Japanese ones, which one to go for a wedding reception, which are located on the beach for a sunset dinner while toes in sand etc, etc.

I know there is a whole section dedicated for it. However, the topics alone are 53 pages and growing. A LOT of info to read through.

My thought and the challenge for the webmaster:

Is there a way to have most restaurants nicely listed on a summary sheet, with the option (here it the tricky part! LOL) to select from a "table" like:

- Kind of restaurant (Italian, Chinese, Local Aruban etc)

- Sorted by Price (very exclusive and elegant, medium, reasonable etc)

- Sorted by Space (large restaurant for weddings and parties, smaller, small etc)

- Sorted by Location (on beach like Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, downtown, norther part, southern part etc) and if there were a MAP which would show were each restaurant is located that would be perfect!

- Name of Restaurant (being able to sort alphabetically as some people are really bad with names as myself. LOL) Maybe even mention the previous name as, unfortunately, some great restaurants exist only a few years and then they reopen under a new name. Like the "Waterfront" in O'stad.

These are just a few ideas for the "table".

It would also be nice if each restaurant could be linked to a discussion thread where each poster can express their experience of the restaurant in question.

This is just an idea and might be quite a project. But I thought I'll put it out there and see it it's something to think about.

CK

Aruba since 1979
    lisa and i will do some reading and see if we can come up with a request to put in the webmaster.

it may take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I noticed that many posters ask about restaurants. The exclusive ones, or reasonable, are there Japanese ones, which one to go for a wedding reception, which are located on the beach for a sunset dinner while toes in sand etc, etc.

I know there is a whole section dedicated for it. However, the topics alone are 53 pages and growing. A LOT of info to read through.

My thought and the challenge for the webmaster:

Is there a way to have most restaurants nicely listed on a summary sheet, with the option (here it the tricky part! LOL) to select from a "table" like:

- Kind of restaurant (Italian, Chinese, Local Aruban etc)

- Sorted by Price (very exclusive and elegant, medium, reasonable etc)

- Sorted by Space (large restaurant for weddings and parties, smaller, small etc)

- Sorted by Location (on beach like Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, downtown, norther part, southern part etc) and if there were a MAP which would show were each restaurant is located that would be perfect!

- Name of Restaurant (being able to sort alphabetically as some people are really bad with names as myself. LOL) Maybe even mention the previous name as, unfortunately, some great restaurants exist only a few years and then they reopen under a new name. Like the "Waterfront" in O'stad.

These are just a few ideas for the "table".

It would also be nice if each restaurant could be linked to a discussion thread where each poster can express their experience of the restaurant in question.

This is just an idea and might be quite a project. But I thought I'll put it out there and see it it's something to think about.

CK

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lisa and i will do some reading and see if we can come up with a request to put in the webmaster.

it may take a while.
    Aruba.com Restaurant Dining Guide

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I know there is a whole section dedicated for it. However, the topics alone are 53 pages and growing. A LOT of info to read through. CK
    The forum's search function in the left hand column is excellent.

You may also search the culinary category http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/
    by going to the top of the category to
    Search this Forum

A search for "inexpensive restaurants" entered here returns only one page with 15 results.

To further narrow down your search you can also use the "tag search"
    Click on the down arrow to the right of the "search" and click on "tag search".
    From here you made select one of the 70 most used tags listed such as

restaurant italian
    restaurant local
    restaurants
    restaurants inexpensive
    restaurants palm beach

or type in say "restaurant" in the "search by Tag" on the bottom and you will see a "suggested" list come up and and you may click on one of those terms as well.

Type say, "restaurants palm beach" and you will see a list of four threads containing information tagged with this tag

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...m%20beach.html

I hope this has been helpful
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-24-2011 at 09:27 PM.

CK1
    Thanks you both, Andrea and Arubalisa.

There is no hurry, it was just a thought which might be helpful for many in the long run. To have some kind of summary/guide of restaurants at one glance, so to speak, like a map. My memory for names is quite bad, I'm more of visual person. LOL

I did check out the search feature and typed in:

Italien restaurant Palm Beach area

No results. Not in a thread. Not in a post.

I do remember that there are two fantastic Italian restaurants just a few minutes driving distance from Palm Beach. Cannot remember the names! LOL

On the forum I just went to the tag search and typed "restaurant Italian"

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...20italian.html

of the results, the first one was
    italian restaurant in high rise area

Perhaps you are thinking of Sole Mare, Gianni or Azzuro.

CK1
    To add to my previous post:

It would be nice to have a feature to be able to find a restaurant by "Name".

For instance, I did not see "Cooks Restaurant" or "Salt and Pepper" or "Aquarius".

Just a thought.