Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Aruba Restaurant Guide

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,841

    The Aruba Restaurant Guide

    Have you checked out this awesome restaurant guide right on our home page?

    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/restaurants?tid=171
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,667
    I got an email yesterday with a link to it. Nicely done!

  3. #3
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Have you checked out this awesome restaurant guide right on our home page?

    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/restaurants?tid=171
    Thanks for the link.

    I just checked it out and I would have a bunch of suggestions.

    Listing all those restaurants, bars ect just alphabetically makes it difficult to choose from as many are not known (to me). Now, there is the option to click on "Location" but again, an alphabetical list appears. If I want to actually check out a restaurant which sounds interesting, there is actually very little info like a menu and prices. Only a general description and some pictures. When I click the "return button" to check out more of those restaurants in that location, the website brings me back to the main page.

    My suggestions:

    An Aruba map covered with dots which resemble restaurants. Then have the option to click on several categories like location, type of restaurant (Italian, Dutch, Seafood, BBQ, snack bar etc), price. And whenever there is a hit from the restaurant I wanted to choose from, a little blinking light would show up on the Aruba map.

    I image, I'm standing downtown Oranjestad and would like to eat. It would be nice to see which restaurants are available. A whole bunch will show up. And then, when I want to eat at a reasonable price, to click on that option. When I'm looking for Chinese food, those restaurants in downtown, at a reasonable price, offering Chinese food would blink on the map.

    And to make it more specific, also restaurants who offer food like gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan.

    The same restaurant can show up in several categories if they offer different kind of foods.

    I think it would be more customer-friendly and would make it much easier to find the right restaurant at the location someone is looking for.

    Just some thoughts.

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    i forwarded your comments to the digital marketing dept.


    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

    I just checked it out and I would have a bunch of suggestions.

    Listing all those restaurants, bars ect just alphabetically makes it difficult to choose from as many are not known (to me). Now, there is the option to click on "Location" but again, an alphabetical list appears. If I want to actually check out a restaurant which sounds interesting, there is actually very little info like a menu and prices. Only a general description and some pictures. When I click the "return button" to check out more of those restaurants in that location, the website brings me back to the main page.

    My suggestions:

    An Aruba map covered with dots which resemble restaurants. Then have the option to click on several categories like location, type of restaurant (Italian, Dutch, Seafood, BBQ, snack bar etc), price. And whenever there is a hit from the restaurant I wanted to choose from, a little blinking light would show up on the Aruba map.

    I image, I'm standing downtown Oranjestad and would like to eat. It would be nice to see which restaurants are available. A whole bunch will show up. And then, when I want to eat at a reasonable price, to click on that option. When I'm looking for Chinese food, those restaurants in downtown, at a reasonable price, offering Chinese food would blink on the map.

    And to make it more specific, also restaurants who offer food like gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan.

    The same restaurant can show up in several categories if they offer different kind of foods.

    I think it would be more customer-friendly and would make it much easier to find the right restaurant at the location someone is looking for.

    Just some thoughts.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,064
    I have the old restaurant guide someone from here gave me and it lists according to area and what type of food you are looking for. doesn't always give menu but gives reviews. http://restaurantsaruba.com/

  6. #6
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I have the old restaurant guide someone from here gave me and it lists according to area and what type of food you are looking for. doesn't always give menu but gives reviews. http://restaurantsaruba.com/
    They have a map, too, which is handy:
    http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/googlemap.html
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,064
    Yes, sometimes it's not totally up to date with the restaurants but it is a great guide. Even if nothing else, for ideas on what you want to eat. I keep it on my tablet for reference. The map helped us out a couple of times for the general area of where the restaurant is located.

  8. #8
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I have the old restaurant guide someone from here gave me and it lists according to area and what type of food you are looking for. doesn't always give menu but gives reviews. http://restaurantsaruba.com/
    Thanks. It gives some info. But still, it's lacking a lot of info like actual location. I was picturing myself at the harbor in Oranjestad, checking out where to eat. I saw, for instance, "The Kitchen". But, there is no location. I would not know if it is in walking distance or not.

    One of my favorite restaurants, the "Aquarius" is not even mentioned. The reviews are older. No menu or prices.

    Usually, I stay at Palm Beach area and just to see what's available for "Breakfast", I clicked on the link. Again, lots of restaurants but no location, not even a hint. When clicking at "Linda's Pancakes" (I ate there before), very little info. The most important for me: menu, price, approx. location, address and phone number, opening hours! Many restaurants are closed on Sunday, Linda's Pancake was on of them.

    I just think with today's technology much more can be done, on the click of a button, so to speak.

    I'm also thinking if someone is new to Aruba. It would be so much easier to actually have a restaurant guide with the categories mentioned earlier. JMO.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,684
    Did you click on the "Contact" tab on the restaurant listing? That gives you the address, location on the map, and driving directions.

    Same with "The Kitchen" - click on their "Contact" tab under their listing and it will show you address, etc.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 08-27-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  10. #10
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Thanks. It gives some info. But still, it's lacking a lot of info like actual location. I was picturing myself at the harbor in Oranjestad, checking out where to eat. I saw, for instance, "The Kitchen". But, there is no location. I would not know if it is in walking distance or not.

    One of my favorite restaurants, the "Aquarius" is not even mentioned. The reviews are older. No menu or prices.

    Usually, I stay at Palm Beach area and just to see what's available for "Breakfast", I clicked on the link. Again, lots of restaurants but no location, not even a hint. When clicking at "Linda's Pancakes" (I ate there before), very little info. The most important for me: menu, price, approx. location, address and phone number, opening hours! Many restaurants are closed on Sunday, Linda's Pancake was on of them.

    I just think with today's technology much more can be done, on the click of a button, so to speak.

    I'm also thinking if someone is new to Aruba. It would be so much easier to actually have a restaurant guide with the categories mentioned earlier. JMO.
    Well CK, I guess you should put together and maintain a website with the info you desire. You have some wonderful ideas and I'm sure all of us would visit the site and benefit from it! You seem to be rather internet savvy, put it to use!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO