Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By burghboy

Thread: Arubaville will be closing effective July 1, 2016

Aruba since 1979

Arubaville will be closing effective July 1, 2016

The restaurant/bar Aurbaville will cease operations on Juy 1.

So unfortunate.

This one...too far off the beaten path for tourists imo.

We liked the place, although only were there for drinks a couple of times.

Agree...if you didn't rent a car it was tough to get to. We've been there a couple of times though and enjoyed it. To bad they didn't make it.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

sad. I read that it was purchased and hopefully will re-open soon.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    was arubaville owned by the same people that once owned marandis?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    was arubaville owned by the same people that once owned marandis?
    Yes. sad to hear about these restaurants closing. Chef's Table is also closed and up for sale.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    The restaurant business is tough to succeed in anywhere. I would think even tougher in a resort setting like Aruba. You are almost totally dependent on tourists for your lively hood and you have a lot of competition plus I suspect your overhead costs would be pretty high being on an island. It is amazing to me that places off the beaten track like MJs and Buccaneer can stay in business.

Aruba since 1979

OK, that story tugged so hard at the heartstrings that I NEED to get there in August! I'm a sucker for kids & growing up on the water & raising them right! Not many people say they want their kids to be dishwashers! Love it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I think this new location for Amuse Bistro will push it into the conversation of top romantic sunset dining options. The food was very good, this atmosphere on the water wil add to the dining experience.
    I hope they get the traffic to make this move a success. I think people are more willing to drove for a romantic sunset dinner or special occasion, than a casual bar/restaurant scene like Arubaville was described. I think those casual places will always do better in walkable locations for tourists.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I think this new location for Amuse Bistro will push it into the conversation of top romantic sunset dining options. The food was very good, this atmosphere on the water wil add to the dining experience.
    I hope they get the traffic to make this move a success. I think people are more willing to drove for a romantic sunset dinner or special occasion, than a casual bar/restaurant scene like Arubaville was described. I think those casual places will always do better in walkable locations for tourists.
    Agreed. I can't really enjoy your tasty beverages if I drive and 50 dollars in cab fare gets me 50 dollars in drinks at a walkable place.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.