Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Azzuro restaurant

Hello all !!

This restaurant is located at the Playa Linda Resort, and there has been rumors it is now closed....Could anyone confirm ?

Thanks !!

No chatter about it on Playa Linda's own board. I heard that the owners where looking to pull out. Originally PL was going to move the restaurant across the street as part of a upcoming renovation.

I own a time share at Playa Linda and just verified with the General Manager that Azzuro is open.

Dolores Grissom

Azzuro has been for sale for a while. It is still open but doesn't get a lot of traffic. It has the same owner as Gianni's and Sole Mare as they have the same owner. The last time I was there (it was my favorite because of the setting) the manager sat at the bar and chatted with people, ate food in the back and generally did nothing. This resulted in bad service as there was one waiter trying to take care of everyone. I left a comment card and he called me and told me off and hung up on me. Will I ever go back - of course not. It is a shame because when Dennis (now one of the mgrs. at Gianni's) was the mgr. the service was great.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
    Azzuro has been for sale for a while. It is still open but doesn't get a lot of traffic. It has the same owner as Gianni's and Sole Mare as they have the same owner. The last time I was there (it was my favorite because of the setting) the manager sat at the bar and chatted with people, ate food in the back and generally did nothing. This resulted in bad service as there was one waiter trying to take care of everyone. I left a comment card and he called me and told me off and hung up on me. Will I ever go back - of course not. It is a shame because when Dennis (now one of the mgrs. at Gianni's) was the mgr. the service was great.
    Dennis is back at Azzurro. Dennis had told me that he had more people at Azzurro then Sole Mare did on New Year's Eve.

Dennis is back at Azzuro????? Yea!!!!!! We'll be going as soon as we get down in a couple of weeks. Thank you!!!!

Dennis is back and we are so happy. Had many enjoyable meals at Azzuro weeks 2, 3 and 4, and we hope Azzuro will stay at Playa Linda.

Can anyone please post a menu for azzuro's restaurant? Thank you

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    You can find Azzurro menu on Gianni's website http://giannisaruba.com/default.aspx
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 02-08-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Liz I'm new to the forum but not Aruba. I went there on my honeymoon and I keep returning. I'm going in May and will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club. It's my first time at this hotel. I love reading the boards because you can never have too much info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast