Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Cple

Thread: B55 Mon Aug 22 :-)

Aruba since 1979

B55 Mon Aug 22 :-)

B55 Monday Aug 22

We had dinner tonight at B55..........down beyond the airport (by about 4 miles) and then LEFT at the lights near the Balashi factory. Then about 1/3 mile on the right.

Paul, Kathy (aka sugar) and me.
    Paul and Kathy had grouper.
    I had chicken creole on skewer.

Each dinner came with a side salad, baked potato, rice, potato salad, baked apple and steamed veggies (cabbage and carrots).
    If you are on a carb limiting diet, run a fast as you can AWAY from this restaurant.

Paul and I on the other hand, who should be limiting carbs.........enjoyed every morsel.:-)

PROBLEM******************
    The tradewinds have been sucked away by hurricane IRENE.
    Damn her.
    So it was hot, muggy and uncomfortable there.

I would go again and again and again.

Meal price for the 3 of us total before tip $53.
    :-)

I'll be giving them a try in October...menu looks really good. It's a bit out of the way for my usual travel on the island but I'll just plan an extra Alhambra night!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We love the B55. We go for lunch or dinner every trip we make to the island. Its one of the real hidden gems of the island.

I've been there half a dozen times and never had a bad meal.

It depends on your taste in food. As Andrea said, they serve alot of food and alot of carbs which is not my cup of tea for dinner. But, to stop by for lunch for a few cold ones, a snack or two, or maybe a salad is great for us. It has a nice, relaxing atmosphere which we also like - especially at lunch time.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Red face Delicious

We had B55 for lunch last year and it is at the top of my list for our return trip at the end of the month. A hidden gem, if you ask me.

Their website is disabled but read on other posts that they are just updating.

Aruba since 1979
    hi ks welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    we love B55
    Quote Originally Posted by KSgirl View Post
    We had B55 for lunch last year and it is at the top of my list for our return trip at the end of the month. A hidden gem, if you ask me.

Their website is disabled but read on other posts that they are just updating.