Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Barefoot or Pinchos and a reservation question

Barefoot or Pinchos and a reservation question

If you had to pick one of the two - Barefoot or Pinchos, which would it be and why?

We are staying in the high rise area and choose not to rent a car, so I'm thinking that considering taxi fare, maybe we should just do one or the other. Being that these are in similar locations I was wondering if they are similar in atmosphere/ambience Is the quality similar?
    We are fish/seafood lovers if that makes a difference.

Also - our week is April 27-May4, so I'm wondering if I need to make reservations in advance or if that is a slower time on Aruba?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Can't comment on Pinchos, but Barefoot was great when we were there.

I can't help much with your post because I have the same question. At the moment I am leaning towards Pinchos but I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I can't help much with your post because I have the same question. At the moment I am leaning towards Pinchos but I'm not sure why.
    Hopefully we will get some good replies. I have a feeling you can't go wrong either way.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

BAREFOOT!!!

We are customers of both but Barefoot wins hands down. If you are only going to venture out to this area once then Barefoot is definitely the way to go.

Pinchos is lovely but Barefoot is just one notch above. Pinchos food, imo, is good but Barefoot excellent as it the service. Barefoot has amazing fish dishes, lots of variety and perfectly presented and done. You may choose to sit on the beach or "inside" the restaurant. Part of the restaurant is under the Palapa and other sections open sky as is some of the restaurant is a sand floor while some is not. My preference is to sit at one of the front tables over looking the beach. Wine selection is very good plus you can bring your own wine and pay a corkage fee.

I always prefer to make a reservation, why be disappointed.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Also - our week is April 27-May4, so I'm wondering if I need to make reservations in advance or if that is a slower time on Aruba?
    We travel to Aruba every year during late April/early May. Have never needed to make reservations until we arrived in Aruba (only exceptions would be Carte Blanche, 2 Fools and a Bull, and Passions which we always make in advance.) We don't like to be tied down to reservations and want to just go wherever sounds good that day/night. Most places do not need reservations that time of year but as a courtesy (depending on the place) we usually call late afternoon/early evening for a reservation that same night and have never had any problems.

We like both Barefoot and Pinchos - both are good but give the edge for food to Barefoot.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Wow, what a choice as these are 2 are of our favorite restaurants. Both are on the water with great views, but Barefoot is on the beach (feet in the sand) while Pinchos is on a pier (my profile picture is taken from Barefoot). The menu at Barefoot is a bit more creative, but you really can't go wrong at either restaurant. I would definitely make a reservation in advance if you want to go at sunset time.

My advice-go to both!!
    Last edited by jeffnev; 02-20-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    I prefer a flip of coin.

I really love both!

Yes to reservations

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I just got back from Aruba and went to both on this trip. I agree, the taxi fare is steep and we usually just go to one of these each trip for this reason. This year we decided to to both. I love both of them. I think they are both great, but if I had to pick one over the other, I'd go with Barefoot. Their Caribbean Grouper at Barefoot is my favorite dish in Aruba. The grouper melts in your mouth and the sauce is amazing.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-20-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    YOU MUST MUST MUST do both !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast