Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Barefoot Reservation Time?

Barefoot Reservation Time?

We are very EXCITED for our FIRST trip to Aruba Dec 10-15th!

I am interested in your opinions on what time we should make our family reservation for at BAREFOOT?

I am looking for this 1 dinner reservation to be our "special night out" with our 3 grown children/spouses & grandson -9 people total. Atmosphere is very important to me!

Is the atmosphere better with a reservation at 6 pm in order to see sunset at 6:15 pm?
    Or are we better off with a 7 pm reservation when it's darker?
    If our reservation isn't until 7, will the ocean front beach seating be filled up?

If you also have a recommendation for another restaurant we should consider instead of Barefoot, I'd love to know that too.

Thank you kindly!

We went at 6:00. When we first arrived we watched the kids playing on the dock and then a little later the sunset here's some photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Barefoot Reservation Time?-image.jpg   Barefoot Reservation Time?-image.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

imo, go with the 6 pm and ENJOY!
    i have no suggestion of something "other " than barefoot, but an additional one that will be fun and not terribly costly for the 9 of you would be barneys-and another that will be costly but is absolutely wonderful is madame janette.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    We are very EXCITED for our FIRST trip to Aruba Dec 10-15th!

I am interested in your opinions on what time we should make our family reservation for at BAREFOOT?

I am looking for this 1 dinner reservation to be our "special night out" with our 3 grown children/spouses & grandson -9 people total. Atmosphere is very important to me!

Is the atmosphere better with a reservation at 6 pm in order to see sunset at 6:15 pm?
    Or are we better off with a 7 pm reservation when it's darker?
    If our reservation isn't until 7, will the ocean front beach seating be filled up?

If you also have a recommendation for another restaurant we should consider instead of Barefoot, I'd love to know that too.

Thank you kindly!

If beach dining and sunsets are important factors, look at "Elements" at the "Bucuti and Tara" and "Flying Fishbone" in the south of the island.

I'm not absolutely sure but I think you can reserve a beach table with a group your size regardless of what time you're dining - you may need to hold it with a credit card. I'd call "Barefoot" to verify.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    A more relaxed and family friendly restaurant on the beach with the possibility to have your feet in the sand is MoomBa. It's not fine dining like Barefoot would be but a fun place with nightly entertainment. I always loved it.

Here is their website:

http://www.moombabeach.com/

CK1
    Another option:

As you stay at the Hyatt hotel, Matthew's beachside restaurant would be in walking distance:

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/

Aruba since 1979
    Matthews is @ Casa Del Mar (Eagle Beach Area) and Hyatt is @ Palm Beach. It is at least 2 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Another option:

As you stay at the Hyatt hotel, Matthew's beachside restaurant would be in walking distance:

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/

Also Passions at Amsterdam Manor is on the beach.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I think that Barefoot is the perfect choice for your group It is a "can't miss" restaurant for us each year. I would make the reservation for 6:00 to enjoy the sunset and take some pictures. Tables in the sand fill up quickly, so you will have a better chance of getting one if you arrive around 6:00. I've eaten on the beach at Matthew's. All you can see are the palapas and chairs in front of you. We try to sit in their "inside" area instead, which is really just a big open air palapa. We've also eaten at Passions. Barefoot is still our number one choice.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Matthews is @ Casa Del Mar (Eagle Beach Area) and Hyatt is @ Palm Beach. It is at least 2 miles.
    I looked at the Hyatt at Eagle Beach, actually googled it as I could not remember where the Hyatt was exactly located.

Are there actually two Hyatts? One at Eagle Beach and one at Palm Beach?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast